Start by reading Installing Plugins section in our comprehensiveWordPress and WordPress Multisite Manual if you are new to WordPress.
1. Download the plugin file.
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive.
3. Upload /user-sync/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on the sites you would like to sync between.
4. Login to your admin panel for your WordPress site and activate the User Synchronisztion plugin in Plugins.
Once the plugin is activated you’ll see a new “User Sync” menu added.
1. Go to User Sync in the dashboard of the site you want to make the Master site.
- This is the parent site that is used to sync/duplicate all users to your other sites
2. Click on Make this Site the Master Site
3. You’ll now see your Master Site URL and security key displayed.
4. Now log into the dashboard site(s) you want to sync users from the Master site to and go to User Sync
5. Click on Make this a Sub site
6. Add the URL of the Master Site, Key of Master site, select Default Settings then click Connect this site to the Master Site, and do a FULL synchronization.
- Use overwrite existing users with caution — it does overwrite existing users and will lock out an admin user account if they’re using the same username
- Don’t overwrite any existing users (add them as extra users) is normally the best option. If you use this option and a user from the master site has the same username as the subsite the new user is created suffixed with _sync attached to their username. For example. if you had the username admin already existing on both sites the username would be created as admin_sync on the subsite.
7. All new users on the master site are replicated on the subsite(s) including passwords, their emails and their user roles and they’ll now be listed in subsite’s User list.
8. Now whenever a new user is added to the Master site they are automatically created with the same details on the subsite(s).
9. To remove a subsite so it no longer syncs with the Master site you just need to click Disconnect from the Master site in the subsite’s User Sync.
10. To uninstall plugin or reset all settings of plugin just need to click “Uninstall Options” in the bottom of the page.
If you have any problems with sync users you can use debug mode for writing some operations in the log file.
How to use:
1. Select checkbox “Use Debug Mode” on main plugin page before select “Master” or “Sub-site”.
2. You should activated Debug Mode for both sites – Master and Subsite.
3. Try to connect the Subsite to Master site.
4. Describe your problem here: http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/user-sync-problem-with-synchronization
5. Copy log files /plugins/user-sync/log/error.log from Master site and Subsite.
6. When and if the developer asks: Give these files to the Developer for analysis – send links for downloading these files from the Contact Form and mark it for attention [User Sync - DEV]
ATTENTION: Please, don’t attach log files or links of them in the post – these files may contain PRIVATE information!!!