Here’s a really quick summary, that hopefully answers most of your key questions:
Q: Can I carry on using WPMU DEV plugins and themes for as long as I like even if I don’t have a paid membership?
A: Yes! All of our plugins and themes are GPL so you can carry on using them for as long as you like and on as many sites as you like, without any license.
Q: So why should I choose a longer membership?
A: Because that gets you guaranteed upgrades, new plugins, new themes, unlimited ongoing support, and access to our API services like white label videos (hosted by us!) and Anti Splog… basically everything you need to support your WordPress site in the long term, just like having your own developer!
Q: Is WPMU DEV basically a subscription service then?
A: Yes, you can easily cancel, upgrade or downgrade your membership via our easy-to-use membership panel – just login and go here to cancel or change your membership details.
And last, but not least, if you have a problem with your account, or a question about what our service does and doesn’t provide, please contact us, we’re more than happy to assist.
And here’s the long version…
WPMU DEV is owned and operated by INCSUB, LLC. We grant you non-exclusive limited license to use the web plugins, themes and other products and services sold through the website by WPMU DEV in accordance with these Terms & Conditions (the “license”) issued by INCSUB, LLC.
All WPMU DEV plugins are licensed under the GPL 2.0 license.
After we have successfully received your payment, your WPMU DEV Membership information will be emailed to the email address you provided. This may take up to 1 hour but usually happens within seconds. If you do not receive an email after this time period, contact us through our website. Upon logging in with the provided credentials, you will have instant access to all our themes and the support forum. Receipts will only be provided for payments, and will be sent to the email address used on signup.
Updates are released often for bugfixes, compatibility, or feature additions and are only available to customers who have an active membership with WPMU DEV. Automatic Upgrades are available to customers who have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed and a current membership. A single-product license provides automatic upgrades for a single plugin/theme. A full access subscription provides automatic upgrades for all auto-upgrade capable products for unlimited sites for you or your clients.
As a member you are granted an inalienable right to own and continue to use all plugins and themes that you have downloaded from WPMU DEV whether you are a current member or not, all plugins and themes will continue to work regardless of whether your membership expires.
3. API Access
Some of our services such as Anti-Splog or Auto-upgrades require the use of an assigned API key. You may only use your API key on sites that belong to you or those of your clients. You must maintain an active subscription with WPMU DEV to make use of API services. API based services may only be accessed by our plugins designed for that purpose. You may not resell, share, or publish your API key. Violation of any of these terms will result in the immediate termination of API access and/or your WPMU DEV membership. We also reserve the right to suspend API access to users that use an unusual amount of API requests or resources that we feel may impact the services to other members.
All of our plugins can be installed on any number of sites you own or develop for a client. For automatic updates and in-dashboard support provided by our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, we do however have a soft API limit. Don’t worry if you have more sites you can simply deactivate one and activate the other, swapping them as often as you need. Need even more? Contact us and we’ll assist you with this.
- Elite (12 Month) members get 100 domains.
- Pro (3 Month) members get 20 domains.
- Monthly members get 5 domains.
4. Plugins/Themes Compatibility
It is our duty to always keep the plugins/themes up-to-date and working with the latest version of WordPress. All our products are designed to be compatible with the latest available version of WordPress, but we can give no guarantee that products will work with older versions of WP. We are however committed to doing our best to ensure all our products are compatible with future versions of WordPress within 24 hours of any release.
5. Browser Compatibility
Our plugins and themes support all modern web browsers including (but not limited to) Firefox, Safari, Chrome (all on PC & Mac) & Internet Explorer. Whilst we strive to give a seamless & near-identical experience across each of these browsers, it is impossible to compensate for the lack of web standards support (relating to HTML & CSS) in some of these browsers. In the case of a browser not support certain web standards, we will include a generic workaround for that browser, which will degrade a specific function / feature gradually and in a way that doesn’t affect the user experience negatively.
You may not claim intellectual or exclusive ownership to any of our products, modified or unmodified. All products are property of INCSUB, LLC. Our products are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall our juridical person be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or other losses arising out of the use of or inability to use our products.
WPMU DEV is a subscription membership site, and all products are subscription based. Please take note that all subscriptions will be automatically renewed at the end of your subscription period, by our merchant (PayPal Pro). If you wish to cancel your subscription (i.e. you would not like to extend it with a similar extension to your existing one), then you need to visit http://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=subscription and cancel it yourself at least 48 hours before your next scheduled subscription payment. No exceptions will be made in this regard and if your subscription payment is automatically renewed, we will assume that you have done so with your express permission. No refunds whatsoever will be given for scheduled subscription payments, except in the case it is due to billing errors caused by INCSUB, LLC. You may also view your current payment plan, method, and next payment date on your subscription page. We reserve the right to refuse service or cancel your subscription and revoke membership access with a prorated refund for any reason we deem appropriate. You may not resell, share, or publish subscription credentials or access.
8. Member Content
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Content”), are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not INCSUB, LLC, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. INCSUB, LLC does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will INCSUB, LLC be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree to not use these Services to:
1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. harm minors in any way;
3. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an INCSUB LLC official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
5. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
6. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
7. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose; in no event , however, is junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid or Ponzi schemes, or the like allowed;
8. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
9. disrupt the normal flow of dialog, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
10. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
11. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
12. provide material support or resources (or conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
13. “stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or
14. collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
9. Refund Policy
If you can demonstrate to us that the plugin, theme or service you have purchased from us does not work due to technical issues and that you have sought support for this (please send us a link to your support post or posts) and you have not received instructions, assistance or bug fixes on how to fix the issue, you have our apologies and we will refund your membership fee.
We guarantee that all of our plugins will work as advertised, wil be upgraded and you wil receive support for any issues you have with them, HOWEVER, this does not cover you deciding you don’t like some aspect of the plugin, theme or service, or would prefer a different product.
So, if you wish to receive a refund, please take the following steps:
- Please contact support via this link and describe the technical issue you are having with the plugin http://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/
- Please give us time to assist you as much as possible (while we aim to get to you in under and hour, this may take a few days to look into in detail and analyze and assist with tricky technical stuff)
- If we have been unable to assist you, and the plugin, theme or service is proven as not working please contact us with the links to your support threads and any other information you can provide for us
- First we will look into the issue and do everything we can to see if we can assist you (we don’t want to lose you as a member!) if that fails and we are culpable then we wil issue you a full refund, with our apologies.
We ask for your patience and understanding in allowing us the opportunity to resolve any issues you might have.
Manual changes to your membership are subject to a 20% admin fee which is waived on upgrades.
10. Claims, Chargebacks and Disputes
If you choose to file a claim with your credit card company or PayPal then you will not be provided under any circumstances with a refund – further you will be banned from using WPMU DEV at any time in the future.
Filing these claims is an unnecessary, time consuming, expensive and bureaucratic process for all parties involved – it’s a path often used by people aiming to defraud us and we will fight all claims to the bitter end.
We keep records of all member activity which we will submit to PayPal and/or credit card companies, this will often cause us to be able to win the claim and damage your credit rating with your credit card provider or PayPal.
Let’s not be nasty to each other, we want to help, please contact us instead.
We believe that this is reasonable as we offer above (9) a completely sensible path to a refund and we are 110% committed to helping you out.
INCSUB, LLC offers these plugins and themes ‘as is’, with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you wish or with all 3rd party components and plugins. Further, we offer no support via email or otherwise for installation, customization, administration of WordPress itself. In order to receive support for any product you MUST be using the most recent version of that product. WPMU DEV makes no guarantees and cannot provide support to anyone using out-dated or otherwise altered versions of our products.
12. Price Changes
INCSUB, LLC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, a subscription (or any part thereof) with or without notice. Prices of all subscriptions and products, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees, are subject to change at any time. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the WPMU DEV website.
Our plugins/themes are guaranteed to function on a clean installation of WordPress. We do not guarantee they will function with all 3rd party plugins or unsupported web browsers. We are not responsible for any plugin/theme compatibility conflicts that may occur. It is our policy to support our products as best we can and we will provide support for 3rd party plugin conflicts at our discretion or as time allows. We are not responsible for any data loss that may occur as a result of installing these products.
You agree to indemnify and hold INCSUB, LLC and its Affiliate Companies, and their officers, agents, employees, partners, and licensees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
(Our company reserves the right to change or modify current Terms and Conditions with no prior notice.)
All INCSUB, LLC Plugins, Themes and Support are provided as is under the GPL 2.0 license.
By entering your name and email address into any of the forms on our website you consent that you are subscribing (that you have “opted-in”) to our free ‘WPMU’ email newsletter. This newsletter is offered as a free service by INCSUB, LLC and no purchase is necessary. If you do not wish to receive our newsletter you can easily unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of every email.
INCSUB, LLC NEVER shares or sells your email address to third parties.
17. Website Data Usage Collection
We track basic usage of our products through the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. This plugin tracks the following information: WordPress/BuddyPress version and size, installed WPMU DEV products, product version(s), and site url. The WPMU DEV API does NOT track any personal or user information. Data is not sold or shared with any third party and is only used for statistical and support related requirements.