Hello Cadet! To grow your WordPress skills in The Academy, you will need an active WPMU DEV membership. It's easy - and free - to join, and it only takes a few minutes. You will get all of this:
- Access to courses like this one
- 100+ plugins
- Security, Backups, SEO and Performance services
- 24/7 Expert WordPress Support
Dream Small, Market Big & Don’t Do It This Way
Lessons in starting, developing and experimenting with a successful online business
James Farmer has 10 years' experience as an online entrepreneur and is co-founder of WPMU DEV.
In this course, James will help you come up with and examine your business idea, discuss how to develop, manage and market it into a real company, and help you figure out the next steps forward.
You'll get the opportunity to discuss your business ideas and direction with James, expert facilitators, and your peers and complete the course with a fully-formed plan ready to hit the ground running.
Learn from WordPress developers who are expert in their field and passionate about teaching.
Ask questions and get direct feedback and support from course instructors and Academy staff.
Study along with a like-minded cohort. Make friends and explore opportunities for collaboration.
Weekly discussions allow you to share and discuss your work with instructors and other students.
Complete courses and receive comprehensive feedback on your assignments from instructors.
Each course is fully assessed by Academy staff and when you graduate you will receive full certification
“If you’re looking to build the next Uber or Facebook, this isn’t for you. If you’re looking to get an online business off the ground though, this course will give you super powers.”
– James Farmer
- Week 1: Introduction to the Course and Each Other
- Week 2: Expert Enough? Niche Enough? New Enough?
- Week 3: Marketing, Marketing and more Marketing
- Week 4: The Art of Remote Hiring
- Week 5: Remote Team Management #101
- Week 6: Getting Things Wrong (And Why You Should Try It Too)
- Week 7: Conclusion & Final Assessment
James Farmer / Instructor
Co-founder & CEO of Incsub, Edublogs & WPMU DEV.