Beta Testers: Get Your Fingers Ready for WordPress 3.2
Beta 1 of WordPress 3.2 has been released. This means that all of you who get dribbly about reporting bugs will be able to spend the next six weeks getting your kicks. Don’t install 3.2 on a production site! You’ll get no sympathy if you show up on the support forums all “wtf! WordPress 3.2 totally broke my website.”
There are some thing to be aware of:
- PHP 5.2.4 and MySQL 5 required
- Internet Explorer 6 no longer support – YAY! W00t! WOOOO HOOOOOO *loud cheers from around the world*
- The favorites menu is gone so if you have a plugin using that, it’s time to switch to the admin bar
What’s new in 3.2?
- New links on the admin bar
- Overhaul of full screen editor – including full size HTML editor (I’ve been waiting for that for a while :D)
- More speed
- New default theme – Twenty Eleven arrives!
- Browse happy updates to tell you if you need to update your browser