BuddyPress Group Calendar 1.2
We’ve just released a major update to the BuddyPress group calendar plugin.
- Added “User’s group events” widget to show upcoming events for groups the logged in user is a member of. Only shows to logged in users.
- Added email notification of new events. Configurable by group admins and individual user preference as well. Also you can set the default for all groups via a define in the plugin file header.
- Fixed defines for default settings at head of file. Choose default permissions, group email on/off
- Introduced WP/MU 3.0 Compatibility
It’s really becoming a pretty amazing tool, check out what you can do with it below:
Organize Activities and Events
This plugin offers the ability for groups to coordinate and organize events. There are unlimited uses for this functionality, including practices, festivals, performance schedules, business promotions, networking, learning management systems, markets, corporate events, etc. While creating new events, the user can see upcoming events that are scheduled for that specific group, as well as scroll ahead by month or year. This helps keep your group on track without double-booking.
Promote Events Locally or Globally Across the Network
This is not simply a calendar but it offers event planning capabilities and the option to promote events on the front page of the social network. Non-group members can see the events scheduled and may elect to become linked up with the group simply because they are interested in the promoted event. Group members will be able to check out all of the new events that are scheduled for the groups they participate in when they log in to your network.
Easily Manage and Update Events
Past events can be left on the calendar or users can delete them. When created a new group, the admin has the option to allow moderators and/or group members to create and modify events for the group. This is done on a group by group basis. Users may also view future events and load the calendar month by month or for the entire year.
Sample Event Details:
BuddyPress Group Calendar Features
- Addresses are automatically converted into a link to a map for that location
- Allow or Restrict Group Moderators and Members to Create and Manage Events
- View events individually, by month, or year
- Upcoming Group Events global configurable widget
Check out the Upcoming Group Events Widget:
It’s local…. but also global (if you so choose!) and you can choose how many events to display.
The global events widget in action
Additional Plugins for BuddyPress Groups:
BuddyPress Group Email – This plugin adds group email functionality to BuddyPress.
Pretty cool, huh!
We’re looking forward to bringing you even more great BuddyPress plugins as we go too!