BuddyPress Sitewide Activity Widget Updated with Many New Features
Oftentimes users will ask in the forums about how to show BuddyPress sitewide activity in the sidebar of the site. This is handy for showing activity as it’s happening without the user having to return to the activity tab.
Brajesh Singh created a BuddyPress Sitewide Activity Widget for this purpose and has recently updated it to include many new features that BuddyPress enthusiasts are sure to appreciate:
- Posting from widget
- Activity list can be restricted to logged in users activity when a user is logged in
- Blog admins can use the widget on their blog and It will show blog admins activity only.
- Show/hide avatar
- Show/hide feed link
- Show/hide the activity filters tab(the links that appear at the top and allows to filter the activity).
- Include only specific components activity in the sitewide activity widget(e.g include only profile/blog activities).
- Exclude only specific components activity from the sitewide activity widget(e.g exclude group activities from the activity list).
- Localization support
The plugin is in the WordPress repository but hasn’t been updated there yet. The best place to get it is on Brajesh’s site: BuddyDev.comTags: