Enable Images in WordPress Comments
Sometimes you can’t trust users with the ability to leave media in comments, especially on a site where commenting is open to all. If your users are considerate and trustworthy, adding images to comments opens up an opportunity for more discussion. Comment Images is a new plugin that makes it easy for users to upload an image while leaving a comment.
Here’s how your comment form will look when you have this comment form plugin installed:
Images in comments are formatted nicely to fit in the space:
Comment Images features:
- Notifies the administrator if the plugin is not compatible with their hosting environment
- Supports PNG, GIF, JPG, and JPEG images
- Notifies readers if their attached image is not allowed to be uploaded
- Styles images so that they will fit within the comment display and not “bleed over” into the page
- Is fully localized and ready for translation
Please note that it is only compatible with the standard WordPress comment form right now and will not work with Jetpack.
Comment Images is not a plugin that I’d recommend for every WordPress site. It would probably work best in a site that is invitation-only or has commenting limited to registered members. Check out the plugin’s homepage for more information and download it for free from the WordPress plugin repository.Tags: