Follow the Development of the New Twenty Eleven Theme, Coming Soon With WordPress 3.2
The following are the main goals for the Twenty Eleven theme, as outlined by Matt:
- To be different from Twenty Ten, aesthetically.
- Is a good showcase of WP’s headline features.
- Clean, fast to load, and with best-practice markup.
Other optional improvements include:
- Ability to have random rotating headers. (Core improvement to custom header functionality, see #17240.)
- Color and layout options.
- More post formats. (Currently supports Asides, Links, and Galleries.)
- CMS-style slider home page option.
You can follow along with the progress of Twenty Eleven at the WordPress trac.
What are your thoughts on the upcoming theme? Are there any features or improvements that you’re hoping for?Tags: