Fancy joining Incsub / Edublogs as a crack SysAdmin (PT OK, location unimportant)?
Are you, or do you know a fantastic SysAdmin who’d like to work with the bestest WordPress outfit on the web?
Well, we are looking for a new SysAdmin to complement our existing team.
The role involves the following major tasks:
- Managing and improving our existing highly customized extensive web/db/file/S3 server setup that powers edublogs.org, Edublogs Campus, WPMU.org and WPMU DEV
- Managing and improving existing systems and server automation tools
- Conceiving of and implementing improved systems for the above and future projects
And also the following minor tasks:
- As required management and expertise for dedicated servers housing other Incsub projects
- As required advice and engagement with the rest of the Incsub team as regards WPMU DEV plugin performance
- As required advice and assistance for third party Incsub clients
Competencies & Experience
The right person will be comfortable with working with a wide variety of tech, including but not limited to extensive experience with:
- Debian Linux, Nginx, PHP, PHP-FPM, MySQL, Memcached, Varnish, Amazon web services like S3, NFS, SVN, Munin, and shell scripting. Experience with other open source server tools are a plus.
- Managing an advanced load balanced server configuration with multiple web, DB, and file servers integrated with cloud services like S3 using the technologies above.
- PHP coding skills are preferred (for occasional integration with server level software), but not necessarily required.
- Experience working with WordPress would be great, but is not required.
We’ll be expecting you to have managed and developed systems of a similar or greater complexity to ours and also be able to prove yourself through an initial test task and month long trail.
Location, Time, Money
We’re a distributed team, across 10 different countries, which still manages to be a great place to work! So you can work from anywhere, at pretty much any time that suites you.
However, we do have an office down on the beach in Albert Park, Melbourne, AU… if you are local!
We’re happy to consider any candidate who is able to commit over 20 hours a week to the role.
We’re happy to pay well for the right candidate – we understand that quality doesn’t come cheap.
How to apply
Position is closed :)