Grab a Gorgeous Free HTML5 WordPress Theme with Responsive Layout from Smashing Magazine
Smashing Magazine have been up to their tricks again, yesterday launching a brand new free HTML 5 Theme for WordPress. The theme, called Yoko, was designed by Elmastudio. It’s not just got HTML5 hotness but it has been built with CSS3 media queries for a responsive layout. This means that the theme adapts itself to the size of the browser, making it optimized for the biggest desktop screens and the smallest smartphone screens. . Here’s what they’ve got to say:
Yoko is a modern and flexible WordPress theme. With the responsive layout based on CSS3 media queries, the theme adjusts to different screen sizes. The design is optimized for big desktop screens, tablets and small smartphone screens. To make your blog more individual, you can use the new post formats (like gallery, aside or quote), choose your own logo and header image, customize the background and link color.
- Cross browser compatible
- HTML5 with fallback for <IE9
- Responsive layout
- Post formats – asides, gallery, image, media, video, quote
- Theme options page
- custom background and custom header image
- Optional sub menu
- Custom social media widget
- Full-width page template
- Uses Google Web Fonts
- Threaded comments with Gravatar support
- Shortcodes for multiple columns
- Shortcodes for info boxes in three colors and highlighted text
- Available in English, German and French.
Check out the screenshots:
Three Column Layout
Two Column Layout
One Column Layout
It’s a fantastic addition to Smashing Magazine’s free WordPress Theme collection.