Hot New Pay with a Like Plugin Sees Updates and New Features Already
Did you know you can try Pay with a Like, our 100+ premium plugins and our other services absolutely FREE?!
Only out for a about a week at the point, the already popular Pay with a Like plugin from WPMU DEV is already seeing updates and new features. Pay with a Like allows you to reveal content only after a user has “liked” it at one of the web’s top four social media services: Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
Here’s a quick overview of what’s new in the latest release:
- Basic statistics added
- Possibility to have a custom css file outside the plugin directory added
- Support for unlimited protected content on a single page
- wpmudev_wpal function to be used for custom post type templates added
- Deprecated message for PHP5.3 fixed
- Embedded scripts are moved to the footer for W3C and better performance and problems with some themes
- Improvement of UI in post editor and settings page
- Fixed setcookie issue when zero or empty value is entered
You will now find a Basic Statistics section near the bottom of your settings page for the plugin. This section will tell you …
- How many total “likes” you have (this includes Facebook Likes, Google Plus Ones, Linkedin “Ins,” and Tweets)
- The number of “likes” from the four different services (Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
- The top “most liked” posts
And here’s what it looks like:
Another important feature in this release is the ability to add a custom CSS file outside of the plugin’s directory. This allows you to add styles that won’t be overwritten when the plugin is updated.
(Note: If you’re a WPMU DEV member, then you know that many plugins see constant updates and new features. Therefore, if you would like to add your own styles to this plugin, make sure you take advantage of this option.)
There are instructions for what you need to do in order to add your own custom stylesheet at the very bottom of the plugin’s setting page.
You can check out more about the Pay with a Like plugin and download it on its homepage.Did you know you can try Pay with a Like, our 100+ premium plugins and our other services absolutely FREE?!
Photo: Hand Cursor – Thumb Up from BigStockTags: