Improve WordPress SEO and Crawl Rate in 5 Minutes with SEO Smart Links
SEO Smart Links provides an easy way to set up affiliate links using your site’s content and interlink your posts, making your site more readable and SEO friendly at the same time. The plugin allows you to quickly and easily link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments to other relevant or corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog.
Why is interlinking your WordPress content good for SEO?
Linking to your older content will give you the opportunity to improve your rankings with keyword-targeted anchor texts. It also provides more paths for the search engines to crawl. SEO Smart Links will also give you more clicks per user. Don’t lose that reader after just one post; keep them interacting with more of your content.
Features of SEO Smart Links Plugin
- Find keywords in your posts, pages and comments and link them to your other posts, pages, categories and tags
- Full control with customizable options
- Ignore list for keywords you do not want to link
- Improves your site’s interlinking
- Control external links with custom keywords
- Add nofollow attribute or open links in new window
- Caching for speed – make sure you have define(‘ENABLE_CACHE’, true); set in your wp-config.php
Installation and setup is incredibly easy and most of the process is automated:
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin.
- Use the Options page to change your options.
- That’s it! You can check your posts for new links.
SEO Smart Links looks for keyword phrases that match the titles of your posts and pages and turns them into links. You can even customize the settings to futher enable category and tag matching. You don’t have to be an SEO expert to give your blog a boost right now. If you want to monitor your results after installing SEO Smart Links, you can use Google Webmaster’s crawl stats or the WordPress Crawl Rate Tracker. With a little bit of tweaking you’ll be able to find that sweet spot that most effectively promotes your content.Tags: