New Academy Courses: Introduction to Upfront and Multisite Masterclass
It sure has been busy around here. Over the past couple weeks, we’ve made some huge announcements: WPMU DEV Hosting, WP Checkup, new Hustle integrations and Upfront compatibility with WooCommerce. And while all that was going on, we quietly launched a new Introduction to Upfront course in The Academy.
Yes, now you can learn how to use our Upfront theme platform for WordPress from our resident expert and course instructor Jenni McKinnon.
Not that Upfront is difficult to use – it’s easy to drag, scale, position, customize and see every edit you make to your WordPress website on the front-end in real-time.
The five-part course will run you through all the things you might not have discovered about Upfront – as well as a few neat custom code examples. By the end of the course, you’ll have solid experience in editing and building your own WordPress themes from scratch.
I really like how WebDesignerDepot’s review explains Upfront:
“Upfront is, technically a WordPress theme, in the same way that a T-Rex is technically a lizard. In reality, it’s a whole lot more than that: Upfront allows you to customize your site — not just the content, the design too — without ever logging into the WordPress dashboard.”
Here’s what you’ll learn over five weeks:
- Week 1: Getting Started – How to install Upfront and start using the editing interface.
- Week 2: Working with Regions and Elements – Learn what regions and elements are all about and how to use them to create layouts and add content to your website.
- Week 3: Pages, Posts and Responsive Design – How to create and edit pages and posts, and how to use Upfront’s simple responsive design interface.
- Week 4: Working With Presets and Custom CSS – How to create and edit presets and how to use custom CSS to add advanced functionality to your site.
- Week 5: Creating Beautiful Sites With Builder – With the Upfront Builder, you can create your very own WordPress themes from scratch without touching a single line of code.
WordPress Multisite Masterclass
Enrollments are also still open for our popular WordPress Multisite Masterclass course.
In this insanely in-depth eight-week course, instructor and Multisite expert Rachel McCollin will guide you through the basics of setting up Multisite and show you how to install and configure the software and enable site and user creation by users, before delving into more advanced topics, including domain mapping, creating a community and network management.
Whether you’re a Multisite noob or an old-hat at using this WordPress feature, you’re bound to learn something new in this course as Rachel turns the software inside out.
Rachel is a long-time Multisite developer who not only writes for the WPMU DEV Blog, but also for tuts+. She’s also the author of WordPress Pushing the Limits.
And if you need further convincing to enroll in this course, it’s so good even WordPress co-founder Mike Little signed up when we ran the course earlier in the year.
More Courses Starting Soon!
Enrollments are also open for another six courses in The Academy:
- WordPress Multisite Masterclass
- WordPress Development for Intermediate Users
- Advanced WordPress Development
- Dream Small, Market Big & Don’t Do It This Way
- WordPress Development for Beginners
There’s a new course available every four weeks, so there’s always something to learn at The Academy. Soon, we’ll be launching Advanced WordPress Development and WordPress Careers Masterclass, an extension of the popular series Rachel McCollin has written for our blog, which will include case studies and interviews with established WordPress business owners, freelancers, and developers.