Launch a Campaign Website with the BuddyPress Politic Theme
With search engines now trumping newspapers in popularity, readers now get most of their information from the internet. Word of mouth via social networks is more valuable than ever. That’s why I’m excited about Politic. It’s a new political WordPress and BuddyPress theme that combines a clean government-friendly WordPress design with the power of BuddyPress community features like members, forums and groups. Having a social network of supporters can help your favorite campaign or cause expand, educate, and grow your supporters.
The Politic theme features:
- Awesome design
- Strong focus on user-experience, usability, and beautiful typography
- Easily change colors via Theme Options
- Custom Background via Theme Options
- Custom Widgets: Flickr, Twitter, Video, Resolutions, Campaign Builder, Newsletter, Facebook, Recent Posts, Events
- Post Format Support: Audio, Video (both can be Self Hosted), Standard, Slideshow, Image
- Easy to use Theme Options (Unbranded)
- Custom Menus and Featured Images
- Unlimited Sidebars
- Page Templates: Home, Archive, Full Width, Contact
- Custom Login Logo
- Visual Shortcode Creator (Alerts, Tabs, Toggles, Columns, Buttons)
- Layered PSD
- Full localization!
- Readable and well-documented code
- Extensive Documentation
- Quality Support
The homepage is fully widgetized so you’re not locked in to one set display. You can add widgets and rearrange as much as you like:
View the live demo to see the theme in action.
The Politic theme is already BuddyPress 1.6-ready so you’ll be good to upgrade when the time comes without any issues. It’s also SEO-optimized and scores a 87/100 on Google Pagespeed out of the box.
With election year battles heating up, there has never been a more important time for a candidate to present a clean, clear, functional and modern website. More voters get their news, and therefore their opinions, from the web than ever before. If you or a politician you know needs an overhaul on web presence, check out Politic.