New WPMU DEV Plugin: Schedule Selected Content
Our devs have been working furiously, coming up with ideas for so many plugins that we’re struggling to keep up with their crazy coding skillz. Today WPMU DEV released a brand new plugin: Schedule Selected Content. It was actually developed for our time-specific chats on WPMU DEV but it’s now been bundled up and is available to our members.Now you can try Schedule Selected Content, our 100+ premium plugins and our other services absolutely FREE!
Schedule Selected Content lets you select content from a page and schedule it to appear at a certain time, or for a certain period. These include:
- One time – choose a date in the future to start showing the content
- Weekly – show your content on certain days of the week at a given time
- Monthly – show your content on certain days of the month at a given time
There’s even a countdown timer that reloads the page at the start and end of the time period.
But What Do I Need To Schedule Content For?
- Schedule a chat room to appear at certain times of the week or month
- Schedule a competition to appear on your homepage
- Schedule an event listing
- Schedule homework or assignments (like in our lovely example below)
Sounds Cool. How Does it Work?
Drop into your plugins folder, activate and you’ll see a little clock appear in your visual editor:
Select the text you want to schedule and click the schedule button. You can determine how long you want it to be released for, the times it should be released and the dates.
And that’s it. Here it is in action:
Like all of our plugins, Schedule Selected Content is available for all of our WPMU DEV Members. Or you can buy the plugin by itself for just $39.Now you can try Schedule Selected Content, our 100+ premium plugins and our other services absolutely FREE!