Update December 29, 2015: This post is part of the WPMU DEV Blog archive and contains information that is out-of-date, but we’re keeping it on the blog for posterity. For all the latest WordPress news and resources, check out the WPMU DEV Blog.
Featplug is a plugin that can mine your WordPress -even WordPress MU-, (or any other Blog/CMS/Forum software’s) posts and generates ‘featured content’ section for your blog using the posts and images.
Image caching (once a image is re-sized & rendered by plugin, it’s cached for future hits which saves lots of performance)
Template support ( embedding & editing any output template is easy. You can just use any JS/Ajax script to output the contents!)
Layered architecture: input_layer (Standalone, WordPress etc) → featplug engine → output theme (simple banners, slide show etc)
- Plugin Website: http://featplug.huseyinuslu.net/
- Support Forums: http://featplug.huseyinuslu.net/forum
- Download: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/featplug/
- Demo: http://postbanners.huseyinuslu.net/ and http://www.huseyinuslu.net
- Sites Already Using: http://featplug.huseyinuslu.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4&sid=194dc523828be6ffcda762acf1419496
Slideshow mode video: