Publish Your Own Book With WordPress and the Anthologize Plugin
Anthologize is an exciting new tool that lets you format and organize your WordPress blog content and easily publish it in print and digital formats.
It’s a product of the One Week | One Tool project, which is funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. Anthologize is free and open source and you can download it now to start exporting your blog.
Possible Users for Anthologize:
- Arrange and format your blog as a book for direct submission to publishers, agents, contests, etc.
- Organize projects and research for academic journal submissions
- Create an anthology of your best blogs for print
- Educators can create and publish collections of student work
- Publish a hard copy of your blog or diary for personal records
- Easily create your own collaborative recipe book
- Collaborate with family members on genealogies and histories
- Create and produce electronic books available for reading on Kindle, Nook or iPad.
These are just a few ways that you could use Anthologize to organize digital content, especially collaborative works, and easily publish it. You’ll be able to filter your posts and select those you want to add. A simple drag and drop interface allows you to organize the layout of your publication.
Images inside posts will even be included, according to the FAQs:
The TEI output will include links to images, the PDF output will print the images included in your content, and the ePub will include the images in the package for display on your device.
This release includes exports in PDF, ePUB, and TEI formats.
Currently, the plugin only works with the self-hosted version of WordPress 3.0+ and not WordPress.com blogs. However, there may be a hosted service in a future iteration of the Anthologize project.Tags: