Setting up your WPMU Support Email Account – using cPanel
Taken from: The WordPress MU Manual
All emails when your users register for a blog/username or are sent their welcome email are sent from the email address specified in the site admin email area of Site Admin > Options.
As part of your business brand and online identity it’s best for this email to be sent from your domain name e.g. support.edutags.net. You could also use this same email address for dealing with all users support and sales enquiries.
To enable this you will first need to set up your email accounts associated with your domain.
TIP: While you can manage your email account through cPanel it is easier to configure your email to work with a mail client e.g. gmail.
Creating your email account using cPanel
1. Log into cPanel using your account details supplied by your hosting company. NOTE: Appearance of cPanel does vary slightly depending on what theme your hosting company uses.
2. Scroll down to the Mail section of cPanel and click on Email Accounts
3. Create a new email account by adding the email address and password then click Create.
Configuring your email account to work with Gmail
1. Once your account is created click on Yes to configure your account with a mail client.
2. To configure a Gmail account you need to use the highlighted mail server username and incoming mail server details
3. Log into your Gmail account and click on Settings > Account
4. Next click on Add a mail account your own in the Get mail from other accounts section
5. Enter the email address of your account and click Next
6. Enter your username, password and POP server then click Save Changes
7. Now set up your Gmail account so you can send emails from your support email account by clicking Next Step
8. Click Send Verification to verify that you own this email address
9. A verification email will be sent to your Gmail account. Just click on the link to confirm the request or enter your confirmation code. Once done you will now automatically receive all emails from your domain’s email account and be able to send emails using this email address through Gmail.