Soliloquy: The Best Responsive jQuery Slider Plugin for WordPress
Adding a slider to your WordPress site should be easy, right? If you’re depending on using a plugin from the WordPress repository, sometimes it can turn into a downright nightmare. Hacking the plugin to look and work like you want it to can be quite a chore – that is assuming that you have the skills to do it.
Introducing Soliloquy: A slider plugin that just works!
Soliloquy is a game-changing slider plugin for WordPress, created by Thomas Griffin. It’s completely responsive using the FlexSlider jQuery script. The code foundation has been hardened with security and fully audited by WordPress core developer Mark Jaquith.
What makes Soliloquy really stand out from the crowd? Speed, Scalability and Interface. The plugin is packed full of features and options, everything you could ever want from a slider:
- Speed: Soliloquy only loads the files it needs – when it needs them.
- SEO-Friendly: Each image and link can have its own title, and images can have their own alt tags.
- Scalability: Soliloquy can handle as many sliders as you want on a single page.
- Interface: Smooth drag-and-drop interface enhanced by Ajax to sort and organize your images.
- Responsiveness: Each Soliloquy slider responds and adjusts to any environment on the fly.
- User AND developer-friendly: Tons of hooks and filters so that you can extend its functionality, and includes both PHP and Ajax APIs for creating addons
- Compatible with WordPress MultiSite: Works perfectly when network-activated
Check out the convenient drag-and-drop media uploader for slides:
Slider management includes options to easily change the default size, transition, speed, animation, automation, navigation, and much more.
If you need lightbox support, Soliloquy also has a full-featured Lightbox Add-on:
That sounds good, but is it really the best?
After testing Soliloquy, I conclude that this is by far the easiest to use and one of the most tastefully designed sliders available for WordPress users. The sleek interface and full usage of WordPress’ capabilities blows every other slider plugin out of the water.
I was able to create and add a quick slider with six slides in two minutes flat.
Soliloquy is priced at just $20 per year for a single support license and $100/yr for developer support, which includes priority ticketing.
If you’re struggling with sliders from the WordPress repository and you can never quite get them working like you want, stop wasting your time and get Soliloquy today. It’s such a delight to use that you’ll likely opt to use it every time you need a slider in WordPress.Tags: