WordPress for Universities and Higher Ed
It is no secret that WordPress is everywhere, and that includes a growing presence in the land of academia.
Colleges and universities are leveraging the power and flexibility of WordPress for everything from the main university website, to course blogs, student portfolios, faculty sites, and more.
In fact, WPMU DEV was born because we were building plugins and tools for Edublogs and people kept asking us for them!
If you are in higher ed, here’s a list of resources and links you definitely don’t want to miss…
First up, this large mailing list is made up of a good number of faculty and school administrators that use WordPress.
You’ll also want to be sure to check out the WordPress.org Education Showcase – which includes tons of examples of schools and universities using WordPress.
The Journal of Higher Education Web Professionals has published several posts on WordPress. This year’s HigherEdWeb Conference also includes at least a couple of sessions that feature topics on WordPress themes and management.
Take a look at these sites – all hosted by Edublogs – for just a taste of the many ways that WordPress is being used:
- Baylor University – ahead of the curve on student blogs for courses
- City University London – a blog for the web team
- Cornell University – website for the new Bill & Melinda Gates Hall
- Embry-Ridle Aeronautical University – student life blogs
- Franklin University – site for financial literacy and student loans
- San Jose State University – the “Washington Square’ alumni magazine
- St. Edward’s University – doing incredible work around student ePortfolios
- The Australian National University – an education research collaborative project
- University of Denver – university news and events
- University of Oklahoma – a blog for the College of Liberal Studies
- University of Oregon – a blog network with an active blog hub
- University of Texas – department site for BBA program
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee – a site for the Center for the Study of the Workplace
- University of Wollongong – student stories for recruiting
Edublogs – Expert WordPress Multisite Hosting
Dozens of schools with existing WordPress Multisites have migrated to Edublogs – and they always choose us (and stay with us) because they find that we save them money, time, and headaches.
We handle all hosting, upgrades, maintenance, SSO authentication (Shibboleth, CAS, SAML, LDAP, etc.), and provide support. All on our enterprise network that scales, is lightening fast, and secure.
Plus, sites come pre-loaded with 100+ themes and dozens of plugins from the experts here at WPMU DEV.
You can brand it at your own domain, use custom themes, and so much more.
Trying Edublogs Campus for Free!
We’ll even set you up with a fully working and live network to try us out for free. We’ll help you out with pilots and proof of concept studies before you commit.