White Label WordPress with Ultimate Branding
Back when I started Edublogs, I was slightly obsessed with branding it as Edublogs, rather than as WordPress.
Update: 02/19/2019 Ultimate Branding got a superhero upgrade. Welcome Branda 3.0 with refactored code, an all new UI/UX, new style templates, and bulk module controls.
This was down to competition for customers from WordPress.com, and also that I didn’t want to confuse users who didn’t know what WordPress was (WordPress? But this is Edublogs? Eh?)
So, every time there was a new release of WordPress here’s what had to do:
- Go into the code and manually replace all the WP icons with E ones
- Manually hack out all mentions of WordPress from the admin area
- Manually add in Edublogs branding to replace it
- Replace the Favicon with an Edublogs (rather than MU) one
- Then go over and check everything about 10 times
It used to take at least half a day. What an almighty pain in the arse!
Oh, and of course, it’s 100% geared up to rebrand your Multisite Network or BuddyPress install too.Since Ultimate Branding was launched we’ve added sooo much new stuff. Head over to the project page to check out all the new features!
And as with all WPMU DEV plugins, it’s gonna always be updated and working, with this latest release getting it ready for 3.5.
And it’s not just the odd logo and bit of text too, Ultimate Branding allows you to also:
- Completely customize the WordPress admin bar
- Remove and replace the WordPress Dashboard widgets
- Completely customize all the admin help content
- Rebrand the meta widget
- Hide the dashboard welcome
- Customize the admin and login CSS
- And a whole heap more…
In fact, it’s not an exaggeration to say that you get to customize and rebrand every single area of WordPress:
Want to know more and see how it works in detail, checkout the full usage instructions.
Or just download it today and go do something else with the days of annoying work you just saved :)