WPMU DEV’s Classifieds Plugin Updated to Include Full Version of CustomPress
The latest release of WPMU DEV’s Classifieds plugin now sees full integration with WPMU DEV’s CustomPress. In other words, when you install the Classifieds plugin, CustomPress is also automatically installed.
Well, the advantage is that you get all the features of CustomPress included in the Classifieds plugin. And, as well, of course, every time CustomPress is updated with new features (as it was recently with a new date-picker function, new date formats, a field reordering function, etc.), then Classifieds gets automatically updated too.
How Does It Work?
If you choose to customize your Classifieds section to do more than the out-of-the-box set up, then a lot of the heavy lifting is actually done by CustomPress. The CustomPress section is where you would create new classified types (post types), new taxonomies, and new custom fields (the section you want your classified ads to include).
While the Classifieds plugin has always relied on custom post types, custom taxonomies, and custom fields, complete integration with the powerful and feature-rich CustomPress plugin should give you and your classifieds section more flexibility.
For a quick overview of the plugin, check out the video below:
Here are some of the main features:
- The plugin is compatible with WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress
- The BuddyPress users get a special page in their profiles for viewing and posting Classifieds
- Upload images with ads and resize with easy-to-use cropping tool
- Set time limit for ads to expire in terms of weeks
- Flexible PayPal credit system with multiple currency options
- Easily test crediting system with PayPal sandbox mode before launch
- Set signup credits for all users or send an individual user a set amount of credits
- Send credits as gifts
- Works especially nice with our Recent Custom Post Type Widget
Check out the complete details of the Classifieds plugin here.
Photo: Classifieds ads section of newspaper from BigStockTags: