WPMUDEV’s WordPress Events Plugin Sees a Slew of New Features
Good news for WPMUDEV members – the still relatively new Events Plus plugin has been beefed up yet again with a whole slew of new features.
The Events Plus plugin allows you to create and manage events right on your WordPress site. It also works with BuddyPress and Multisite.
Let’s take a look at the features and add-ons:
- Event and Next Event Countdown add-ons.
- Next Event Shortcode add-on.
- Event Controlled Redirect add-on.
- Weekly Event Calendar add-on.
- Avatar replacement for people logging in with Facebook/Twitter.
- Filling in users first and last name metas from Facebook and Twitter.
- Support for multiple person attendance for an event
- Support for registering to website from front end
- Login with Google account
- Category-like custom taxonomy.
- Category filter to upcoming events widget.
- Defaulting to username if no other names apply for “Guest lists options” add-on.
- Support for blog local time, instead of server local time
- Support for WP date/time settings
- Improvements in Help texts.
- Recording event metas on posted social messages.
Events Plus Plugin Overview
Because this plugin is still relatively new (first released in February), we’ll give a quick rundown of what it’s about.
The Events Plus plugin lets you create and manage meet-ups, parties, dinners, fundraisers, or any other type of event you can think of – be it online or off – right from the comfort of your WordPress site. It also works with BuddyPress and Multisite.
Here are some of it’s features:
- Integrates with PayPal. Sell tickets to your event and accept payment in any major currency.
- Hassle-free interface. Creating your event is as simple as adding a new post to your WordPress blog.
- Facebook and Twitter login. Guests can RSVP with their social media profiles – no WordPress account required.
- Integrated Google Maps. Simply insert Google maps with built in direction features for attendees by using our Google Maps Plugin.
- Widgets included. Easily display event attendees, upcoming events and most popular events in any widgetized area of your site.
- Compatible with any WordPress theme. Looks great out of the box or customize the style and layout to fit your site.
- Keep tabs on who’s coming. Monitor the guest list from your WordPress dashboard, with the option to display public RSVPs on your site.
- Works perfectly with Multisite and BuddyPress. Beautiful BuddyPress integration, including groups support
- New features: Recurring events, auto-scheduler, limited capacity events, ‘my events’, e-newsletter integration, front page editing, guest list options and more…
And of course don’t forget all the new features in this latest update.
Photo: Event Ticket from BigStock