1. How Free Trials Work
WPMU DEV offers 7-day free trial memberships to allow users to explore our products and services at no risk. The guidelines for these trial memberships are explained below.
1.1 Free Trial GuidelinesLink to chapter 1
The following guidelines for free trial memberships are intended to minimize the potential for abuse so the program can continue.
- Only one free trial is allowed per person or business ever, the same person creating duplicate accounts in order to get multiple free trials is against our TOS, and we employ various methods internally to detect and respond to that kind of abuse.
- Trials are limited to one time per WordPress site. This means that once a domain is registered with WPMU DEV, it is impossible to use the same domain with a free trial account at any time in the future.
- Members with free trial accounts must install the same WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin used by paid memberships in order to install any of our plugins.
1.2 Troubleshooting Trial MembershipsLink to chapter 2
If you have difficulty logging into the Dashboard plugin as a trialist, there can be a few causes, and the solution is different for each case.
- Problem: You already completed one free trial, or you were previously a full member, and now you’re trying to start another trial.
Solution: Log back in to your original account and activate your full Premium Membership. We’re worth it!
- Problem: Your developer previously logged in with their WPMU DEV account, but you created a new WPMU DEV account for yourself when they handed off the site to you.
Solution: Activate your current Premium Membership account by skipping the free trial period. This will let you use WPMU DEV on your domain.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 Live Support.