2. Installing the WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin
This guide explains how to install and configure the WPMU Dev Dashboard plugin, which allows members to research, install, and manage all plugins from one screen. The dashboard plugin is required for all WMPU DEV members.
For detailed guidance on using the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin’s features, see the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin usage guide.
WPMU DEV members are authorized up to 10 free email accounts that can be configured in minutes to display the member’s domain in the email address. See our Email Hosting product page for details.
2.1 Installation InstructionsLink to chapter 1
In order to sync your websites to WPMU DEV, you must first install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.
The following steps will guide you through the process of downloading, installing, and activating the plugin, and then syncing your first site to WPMU DEV.
Download the WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin
- Log in to wpmudev.org to access The Hub.
- Click Plugins in the menu at the top of the page to access the WPMU DEV plugin library.
- Scroll through the library to locate and then click on the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. Click the Download button that appears on the next page to download the dashboard zip file.
Upload the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin to WP Admin
- Open your WordPress-enabled site.
- Hover over the Plugins menu, and click Add New to access the plugin installation page.
- Click the Upload Plugin button. Then click the Choose File button to access your computer’s files.
- Locate the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin zip file you just downloaded. Click Open to upload the file, and the file name will appear in the installer.
Install and Activate the WPMU DEV Dashboard
Click the Install Now button, and a “Plugin installed successfully” message will appear along with the Activate Plugin button when the installation is complete. Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Dashboard plugin.
You will be prompted to connect to WPMU DEV in order to sync your site to The Hub. Enter your WPMU DEV account username and password and click the Connect button.
Congrats! You have successfully installed the WPMU DEV Dashboard, syncing your site with The Hub, unlocking pro features, and providing instant access to our brilliant support team.