1. DNS and Domain Management
The first thing to know about working with DNS is that it can be unpredictable at times. If you believe you have things set up correctly but you still aren’t seeing the result you expect, the best thing to do is just give it some time.
DNS changes can take as little as a minute with next to no downtime, to several hours (or even a day) depending on your domain registrar, DNS manager, and quite honestly, the DNS gods. There are many variables along the way.
Here are a few tips to working with DNS:
- When given the option, always change TTL (time to live) to as low as possible.
- Don’t change any other settings that may be in your DNS – such as for mail or otherwise.
- Use a DNS Lookup service to see if it matches what you see under your Domains tab in the Hub.
- Should you ever have problems, screenshots of your full DNS settings is the best way for our support team to diagnose problems.
Click the 3 dots to open the menu and choose ‘Check DNS Status’ to help speed things along. Otherwise, we’ll check DNS periodically too.