1. Our Plugins
1.1 Plugins That Store Personal Info LocallyLink to chapter 1
Many of our plugins have features built in that may result in the storing of personal information of your site’s visitors and users in your WordPress database. Please note, this personal information is not sent to our stored here at WPMU DEV (check here for plugins that may send information to WPMU DEV). In most cases, you will be able to see and access the data right inside of the WordPress dashboard in the settings pages for each plugin. For example, form entries in Forminator.
You should be aware of these plugins to ensure that you follow any local laws or regulations when it comes to disclosing to your users what data you store and how you use it. You may also need to provide users with copies of this data should it be requested and may need to fully delete the data when asked as well. Should you need any help with these requests, please reach out to our support team.
As a rule, you should:
- Delete or anonymize any and all personal data when you no longer need it.
The following WPMU DEV plugins may store personal information in your WordPress database (depending on your use of the plugin and settings):
- Appointments+ – User registration and appointment information.
- Avatars – Avatar images that users upload themselves can be classified as personally identifiable information.
- Contact Widget – May collect an email address of individual completing the contact form.
- CoursePress Pro – Profile and course information.
- Defender – IP addresses, content, and user information of all site visitors.
- Forminator – Forms can be used to collect and store all types of information.
- Hustle – Form tool can be used to customize information collected.
- MarketPress eCommerce – Checkout information for users.
- Membership 2 – Profile and checkout information for users.
- Pro Sites – Checkout information.
- Subscribe By Email – Email addresses not necessarily associated with WordPress user accounts.
- WP Smush Pro – Image files may contain EXIF data which could identify a user. By default, with WP Smush Pro enabled, EXIF data is not saved locally, but a setting in the plugin does allow for it to be enabled.
1.2 Plugins That Send WPMU DEV InfoLink to chapter 2
WPMU DEV Dashboard and API: The Dashboard plugin is used to connect your WPMU DEV account with your WordPress installation and sends to WPMU DEV the following information: WordPress/BuddyPress version and size, installed plugins/themes, and site URL. By default, the WPMU DEV API does NOT track any personal or user information. Data is not sold or shared with any third party and is only used for statistical, security and support related requirements, including the ability to push security updates should it be required.
Some of our plugins require the WPMU API key and the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin to be in place in order to make their features and services possible. These include:
- Domain Mapping
- Forminator Pro
- Integrated Video Tutorials
- SmartCrawl Pro
- Snapshot Pro
- WP Smush Pro
A few of our plugins may also send end-user or site visitor personal information to WPMU DEV, depending on the settings in place in your WordPress installation.
These plugins are:
Defender: If you choose to activate ‘Audit Logging’ in Defender, we will track and store site and user activity, such as usernames, comments, posts, login attempts, setting changes, and upload timestamps on our secure servers. ‘Audit Logging’ is an optional feature that can be turned off in the Defender plugin.
Snapshot Pro: Used to store backups of your WordPress database, so this may include any personal information that is also in your WordPress database. You can fully delete backups at any time.
1.3 Plugins That May Add CookiesLink to chapter 3
The following WPMU DEV plugins may add Cookies to your site(s) when activated:
- MarketPress eCommerce
- PopUp Pro
1.4 Plugins With 3rd Party IntegrationsLink to chapter 4
Many of our plugins have features built in that allow for integrations with various 3rd party services.
These plugins are:
- Appointments+: Google Calendar and payment gateways
- CoursePress Pro: WooCommerce
- Custom Sidebars Pro: WPML/Polylang
- Domain Mapping: eNom
- Forminator Pro: Google reCAPTCHA
- Google Analytics+: Google Analytics
- Hummingbird: Cloudflare
- Hustle: Various email services including MailChimp, AWeber, Constant Contact, GetResponse, Sendy, Mad Mimi, Infusionsoft, Campaignmonitor, ConvertKit
- MarketPress eCommerce: Payment gateways including 2Checkout, Authorize.net AIM, eWay shared payments, eWay Rapid 3.1 Payments, Mijireh, Mollie, Paymill, PayPal, PIN, Simplify Commerce by MasterCard, Stripe and WePay
- Pro Sites: PayPal, Stripe, Google Analytics, Taxamo
- WPMU DEV Dashboard: Mixpanel (analytics), LiveChatInc (in dashboard support)