Hello - I’m a bit confused and unclear on what the next steps to my project should be. I’d like your help, guidance and experience to explain the next steps, item by item, of what I need to do next.
HISTORY: I’ve successfully installed and set up a subdomain WP multisite to work with Plesk on my dedicated server. I’ve installed the following network plugins:
1. Admin Message - works just fine no help needed here.
2. Affiliate - not sure how this should or will integrate into my current need.
3. Custom Content Dashboard - works just fine no help needed here.
4. Domain Mapping Plugin - works just fine no help needed here.
5. Multi-Domains for Multisites - not really sure if I need this since I have domain mapping?
6. New Blog Templates - installed it and made blog #3 the “template” but not sure how this is going to tie all together.
7. Pretty plugins - again not sure how this is going to tie into my project
8. Prosites - installed and as far as I know, I’ve set everything up correctly.
9. Set password on multi-blog creation - works just fine no help needed here.
10. Signup TOS - - works just fine no help needed here.
11. Support System - not sure if I should use this or my licensed WHMCS??
12. Ultimate Branding - works just fine no help needed here.
13. User Activity - works just fine no help needed here.
14. WPMU DEV Dashboard - works just fine no help needed here.
15. WPMU DEV Videos - works just fine no help needed here.
PROJECT GOAL: Create a website where users can sign-up for one of two PAID packages. Package A will be a sub-domain and package B will include a domain. Once they select the package, I’d like the sign-up process to be as simple and clean looking as that of http://signup.wordpress.com. During the registration process and only if they choose Package A then I’d like the ability to re-sell them on the idea of purchasing a custom domain for an add on price. The user will complete the form (which is really setting up their own website), then based on their package selection they view the pre-built themes sortable by category - (Package A has Basic Themes & Package B has Premium Themes, both free). The user could view and preview multiple themes then select one theme that appeals to them then process payment. The system should then complete the set up by using the selected theme and incorporate the details the client entered during registration only after successfully payment has been processed. I’d like to offer plugins as add-ons to both packages.
Some things I am unclear on:
1. Will I need to build a wordpress theme on the “main” domain for the purposes of selling these packages?
2. (“main” theme - the one that will allow for sign-ups) How will this theme integrate with ProSites - I’m not sure I know if there are any short codes for creating buttons to those “packages” that were created in the plugin. I’ve added them together but not sure what to do next? Get a theme for the “main” site, find short codes for pro sites plugin??
3. Payment processing - pro sites only offers paypal. I would like to use my WHMCS application for domain registration, billing, support, payment processing (through authorize.net) - how can I accomplish this? What plug-ins do I need??
4. I had a customer php application built, how can I make this into an add-on onto the site so that if a user “accepts” to activate this app, this will automatically show up in their control panel and front end of their website??
When replying could you please try and super simplify things for me like, step 1 do this; step 2 do that; etc. This will help me visualize the process better. :slight_smile:
One of my main disconnects is that I can’t seem to figure out how people on the front end of my “main” website will be able to sign-up. I’ve granted you access to my site using the WPMU DEV plugin so you can visit and see the mess I’m in!
Any help and direction would be extremely helpful!