- I’m a bit confused and unclear on what the next steps

Hello - I’m a bit confused and unclear on what the next steps to my project should be. I’d like your help, guidance and experience to explain the next steps, item by item, of what I need to do next.

HISTORY: I’ve successfully installed and set up a subdomain WP multisite to work with Plesk on my dedicated server. I’ve installed the following network plugins:

1. Admin Message - works just fine no help needed here.
2. Affiliate - not sure how this should or will integrate into my current need.
3. Custom Content Dashboard - works just fine no help needed here.
4. Domain Mapping Plugin - works just fine no help needed here.
5. Multi-Domains for Multisites - not really sure if I need this since I have domain mapping?
6. New Blog Templates - installed it and made blog #3 the “template” but not sure how this is going to tie all together.
7. Pretty plugins - again not sure how this is going to tie into my project
8. Prosites - installed and as far as I know, I’ve set everything up correctly.
9. Set password on multi-blog creation - works just fine no help needed here.
10. Signup TOS - - works just fine no help needed here.
11. Support System - not sure if I should use this or my licensed WHMCS??
12. Ultimate Branding - works just fine no help needed here.
13. User Activity - works just fine no help needed here.
14. WPMU DEV Dashboard - works just fine no help needed here.
15. WPMU DEV Videos - works just fine no help needed here.

PROJECT GOAL: Create a website where users can sign-up for one of two PAID packages. Package A will be a sub-domain and package B will include a domain. Once they select the package, I’d like the sign-up process to be as simple and clean looking as that of http://signup.wordpress.com. During the registration process and only if they choose Package A then I’d like the ability to re-sell them on the idea of purchasing a custom domain for an add on price. The user will complete the form (which is really setting up their own website), then based on their package selection they view the pre-built themes sortable by category - (Package A has Basic Themes & Package B has Premium Themes, both free). The user could view and preview multiple themes then select one theme that appeals to them then process payment. The system should then complete the set up by using the selected theme and incorporate the details the client entered during registration only after successfully payment has been processed. I’d like to offer plugins as add-ons to both packages.

Some things I am unclear on:
1. Will I need to build a wordpress theme on the “main” domain for the purposes of selling these packages?
2. (“main” theme - the one that will allow for sign-ups) How will this theme integrate with ProSites - I’m not sure I know if there are any short codes for creating buttons to those “packages” that were created in the plugin. I’ve added them together but not sure what to do next? Get a theme for the “main” site, find short codes for pro sites plugin??
3. Payment processing - pro sites only offers paypal. I would like to use my WHMCS application for domain registration, billing, support, payment processing (through authorize.net) - how can I accomplish this? What plug-ins do I need??
4. I had a customer php application built, how can I make this into an add-on onto the site so that if a user “accepts” to activate this app, this will automatically show up in their control panel and front end of their website??

When replying could you please try and super simplify things for me like, step 1 do this; step 2 do that; etc. This will help me visualize the process better.

One of my main disconnects is that I can’t seem to figure out how people on the front end of my “main” website will be able to sign-up. I’ve granted you access to my site using the WPMU DEV plugin so you can visit and see the mess I’m in!

Any help and direction would be extremely helpful!

• aristath

Hello again @Still_(o)-(o)_Awake, I hope you're well today!

1. Will I need to build a wordpress theme on the “main” domain for the purposes of selling these packages?

Not necessarily... You could use any theme you want! Custom-coding it will only be needed if you want to drastically change the way it looks.

2. (“main” theme - the one that will allow for sign-ups) How will this theme integrate with ProSites - I’m not sure I know if there are any short codes for creating buttons to those “packages” that were created in the plugin. I’ve added them together but not sure what to do next? Get a theme for the “main” site, find short codes for pro sites plugin??

Pro-Sites creates a page for these on your main site.
    You can use some simple CSS to change the way it looks, or use a plugin like this one: http://webfx.cz/store/products/pro-sites-custom-checkout/ and customize it further to suit your own needs. There are no shortcodes for this.

3. Payment processing - pro sites only offers paypal. I would like to use my WHMCS application for domain registration, billing, support, payment processing (through authorize.net) - how can I accomplish this? What plug-ins do I need??

Pro-Sites gives the option to use PayPal or Stripe. If for some reason you can't use PayPal then Stripe is the obvious choice here!
    For the time being WHMCS and Pro-Sites are not integrated and there's no communication between them. So you can't use WHMCS to process your Pro-Sites payments, unless you build a custom payment gateway for Pro_sites that will get the payment info from WHMCS.
    You mentioned you want to use WHMCS to process some things... So let me offer some alternatives for theme here:
    Domain Registration: You can use the eNom integration of the Domain Mapping plugin.
    Support: Our Support system plugin will do just fine here... you can even make it only available to pro-sites level B if you want.

When a user signs up for your site, they will be able to get a free, limited site.
    Once they login to their site, they'll be able to update to a pro-sites level (the same way it's done on wordpress.com). They can choose to upgrade on registration, but it's not necessary.

5. Multi-Domains for Multisites - not really sure if I need this since I have domain mapping?

The multi-domains plugin will allow you to have multiple domains for you main site. For example site-a.com and site-b.com
    When users sign up, they'll be able to choose if they want their site to be subdomain.site-a.com or subdomain.site-b.com
    If that't not something that interests you then no, you don't need the multi-domains plugin.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    Domain Registration: You can use the eNom integration of the Domain Mapping plugin.

How do I accomplish this?

You can read the usage page of the plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#usage
    It explains everything in detail.

4. I had a customer php application built, how can I make this into an add-on onto the site so that if a user “accepts” to activate this app, this will automatically show up in their control panel and front end of their website??

I don't believe you answered this question at all.

Indeed, I missed that.

What kind of application is it? Is it a WordPress plugin, or a completely separate application that has nothing to do with WordPress? If it's a plugin then you can do it using the "premium plugins" addon.
    If it's not a plugin, then perhaps you should convert it into one so that they'll be able to use it from within WordPress.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Still_(o)-(o)_Awake

I understand everything you’ve outlined and have finished the enom integration within the domain mapping however I’m just not understanding how all these modules tie together.

My test site is http://www.rllp.us. I’ve installed a generic theme for testing purposes, I’ll format and design it once I understand the flow. Here are my questions / confusion points:

1. When I click on the “ProSites” link it takes me to a page where it says:

Please choose a site to Upgrade or Modify:

"Modify "www.LocalRestaurants.com Partner Sites" (http://rllp.us) - All-Inclusive
    Modify "Nayeem’s BBQ" (http://nayeemsbbq.rllp.us) - Basic"

I thought this was suppose to be where “new” users sign up??

2. On the ProSites link, isn’t there suppose to be some place to go through the sign up process and pick and choose the package, themes, plugin (add ons), enter payment info, etc?

3. In the control panel of the main site (www.rllp.us) under themes, I’d like to use a new theme I’ve installed but DON’T want to make it available to the entire Multi-sites, how can I achieve this? Currently all the themes are added from super admin site.

4. I activated the “support” plugin but don’t see it anywhere on the homepage - what step am I missing?

5. There are some plugins and themes I DON’T want to show up in all of the MultiSites. What settings or steps do I take to make this happen?

6. On my site rllp.us, the menu above has a link labeled “sign up” but when you click that link it takes you to that page however, the actual link “sign up” disappears, why?

• aristath

I thought this was suppose to be where “new” users sign up??

Your users sign up on the registration page, the pro-sites upgrade page is shown if they choose to upgrade a site they have already created.

3. In the control panel of the main site (www.rllp.us) under themes, I’d like to use a new theme I’ve installed but DON’T want to make it available to the entire Multi-sites, how can I achieve this? Currently all the themes are added from super admin site.

First network-activate the theme.
    Then activate the theme on your main site and after you do that, network-deactivate the theme.
    It will remain active on your main site and other sites won't be able to select it.

4. I activated the “support” plugin but don’t see it anywhere on the homepage - what step am I missing?

The Support System plugin allows your site admins to use their dashboard for support (there is a new menu on all subsites when you network-activate the plugin).

5. There are some plugins and themes I DON’T want to show up in all of the MultiSites. What settings or steps do I take to make this happen?

If you want to show the plugin but only make it availabel to pro-sites, then you can use the pro-sites premium plugins addon.
    You can also use this plugin to make them prettier and change their names, labels etc: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pretty-plugins/
    If you want to completely hide a plugin however, you will have to do some custom coding and add some custom CSS to the admin that will hide the specific plugin.

6. On my site rllp.us, the menu above has a link labeled “sign up” but when you click that link it takes you to that page however, the actual link “sign up” disappears, why?

I didn't understand that... I visited your page and there seems to be no such link.

Cheers,
    Ari.