PopUp photo deformation and popup duration questions

Hello !

Two problems:
1) I load a photo but it gets difformed (What should be the exact size of the photo for it not to be difformed.)
2) The button appears closely to outside the form. Therefore, I had to remove it and enter a link manually in the text zone.

I made tests before on http://www.chefpauldoyon.com and was not having any of these problems.

What is it that causes these problems in the first place? How do we resolve this for the future.

Finally, talking of functionality, would it be possible to configure the duration of the initial popup and the frequency of its appearance and the duration of the recurring appearances. Or give the user a way to ask that the popup reappears each x many seconds?

Thank you!

Serge

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Serge,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Before I replay to you, let me please say that I took a liberty of changing the title or your post to be more informative and related to the issues. This will make it easier to find for other members of your WPMU DEV community :slight_smile:

1) I load a photo but it gets difformed (What should be the exact size of the photo for it not to be difformed.)

I visited your site and I can see that popup shows up there. On the homepage it includes a single photo (woman in black and white) that doesn't seem to be deformed at all. I suppose then that I may be missing something here so could you please elaborate a bit on this? It would be great if you could provide me with some screenshots of the site ilustrating the issue.

2) The button appears closely to outside the form. Therefore, I had to remove it and enter a link manually in the text zone.

Are you referring to the "Reservez maintenant" link inside the popup? I think this could be fixed with some additional CSS but in order to be able to help you with this I'd need to see an original (the one to be fixed) button. Could you please revert to that button or grant me a support access to the site so I could do this myself? Here's a guide on granting an access:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

What is it that causes these problems in the first place? How do we resolve this for the future.

Usually it's related to the current theme of the site and/or some additional CSS styles brought by other plugins. The solution would be to add some custom CSS rules to popup configuration but those rules in most cases has to be created specifically for the site (so no "universal set of CSS").

Finally, talking of functionality, would it be possible to configure the duration of the initial popup and the frequency of its appearance and the duration of the recurring appearances. Or give the user a way to ask that the popup reappears each x many seconds?

Currently you may set the time after which the popup appears and also use "Close button acts as "Never see this popup again" link" option setting "Expiry time" (in days) to the value of choice. The smallest value is 1 day so when a user click on a close button the popup won't show until the next day (or until user clears browser cookies first).

As for other suggested options I think think they'd make a great feature so hopefully more members of you community will support it and as a result our developers will consider adding it in future.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Serge

Hello Adam,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Questions 1 and 2
    On http://www.chefpauldoyon.iphoniaweb.com, I have the exact same popup working correctly. Why is it not working correctly on hotelkennedy.ca? What I am trying to do is to have the popup display the same look and feel as in chefpauldoyon.iphoniaweb.com.

In regard with this functionality request, "would it be possible to configure the duration of the initial popup and the frequency of its appearance and the duration of the recurring appearances. Or give the user a way to ask that the popup reappears each x many seconds?" is it possible to achieve this through short code?

Thank you!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Serge,

I've added those styles to custom CSS field of your popup:

.wdpu-container.wdpu-725 .wdpu-buttons {height: 79px; }
    .wdpu-container.wdpu-725 .wdpu-image img {height: auto;}

so image is not deformed and button is not cut off. There is difference between popup on your site as content is different and image used has different original size.

"would it be possible to configure the duration of the initial popup and the frequency of its appearance and the duration of the recurring appearances. Or give the user a way to ask that the popup reappears each x many seconds?" is it possible to achieve this through short code?

At the moment it is not possible that is why Adam wrote about making feature request for that.

let me know if you have more questions

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.