0 Returned before all Content on Site.

I actually have about 6 plugins installed from wpmu on this site, but this diddnt show up until I upgraded membership to the latest version so I'm wondering if anyone else had the problem.

I won't be able to launch the website with 0 before everything so any help would be great.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aidan_boyle,

Thank you for bringing these significant items to our attention, it is appreciated.

In a previous ticket:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/404-page-returned-instead-of-protected-content-page

You had mentioned that you were getting 404 pages relative to protected content pages etc.

In this ticket you mentioned you upgraded membership. Did you upgrade from Membership lite by any chance?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aidan_boyle
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

No i started with the full membership plugin. Things were working ok, though it took some time to get used to the settings. I turned my laptop off and came back another day and had some issues getting things started again, but then i noticed wordpress 4.2 came out as well as an update to the plugin.

I updated the plugin first, and couldn't get it to work, then i updated wordpress and nothing still.

So I dunno....it just kind of blew up on me =(

• aidan_boyle
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The unfortunate thing about all this is that the 0's being returned for all content happened at some point and I don't know what I did to set that off, or even if it happened after the upgrade. they just kinda popped up, and i was like. well crap...

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aidan_boyle,

Thank you for the great question, it is appreciated.

The big bug is causing numerous anomalies and as I seen by reports more are pouring in though it is true that it may not be related at all.

This could also be a character set mismatch in MySQL and not being set to UTF-8 etc.

The worst part about this as I find with most people developing on non production servers is that when they move to production servers then a whole bunch of other issue pop up and then they are wondering why and there could be a thousand reasons why to include but not limited to PHP versions, Apache compilations, server packages installed, MySQL differences, and the list goes on and on.

Not to mention the very fact that one trying to troubleshoot remotely is almost impossible.

However, at this point that is neither here nor there.

Cheers, Joe

• aidan_boyle
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry I haven't responded in a while, some things came up I had to attend to. I'll post a full response later but for now I can say is I don't have the accounts set up yet, for you to take a look but will soon. And I highly doubt any character encoding was an issue. Largely because this was all working perfectly before it randomly exploded. My attempt to update the plugin and update wordpress was an in an attempt to fix the problem that arose.

Are you suggesting I just do a fresh install?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aidan_boyle,

Thank you for letting us know about this anomaly that was causing the "O" grief and the solution thereof, it is greatly appreciated.

Are you trying to indicate that there may be an issue between the Post Voting plugin and the Membership plugin that causes the mysterious "O"'s or more accurately zeros?

Concerning the Membership plugin 404 issue, since we got the "O"s under control I am now going to reopen the other ticket at: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/404-page-returned-instead-of-protected-content-page

So we can indeed work on that specific issue over there.

This ticket we will concentrate the remainder thereof addressing the zero issue and if you have indeed found a conflict between our two plugins.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aidan_boyle
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sounds good to me. I don't know if there was an issue with Post Voting to be honest. I had it activated but never really got around to checking the configuration options.

For all I know it was set to display how many votes were made before every article and a filter was added to put that in before the articles.

Not positive how its supposed to work. If thats not how then perhaps that is the case. I can check though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.