Bugs: Listing child and parent categories

1. Category count is only shown if it is set to yes for both parent and children.
If it is no for parent and yes for child, it does not show count for child categories

2. If hide empty category is set to yes for parent and yes for children, parent & child are both hidden even if child has a listing.

It should check to see if child has a site and then not treat parent as empty.

• Nastia

Hello Erum

I hope you are doing well!

1. Category count is only shown if it is set to yes for both parent and children.
    If it is no for parent and yes for child, it does not show count for child categories

I can reproduce this on my site and I've flagged this as a bug. Thank you for letting us know! I've sent some points your way!

2. If hide empty category is set to yes for parent and yes for children, parent & child are both hidden even if child has a listing.

We aware of this bug and it's already reported to our developers.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hi Erum,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but we are unable to provide an ETA of when exactly the bugs will be fixed. Its already on the table of developer and they are working hard to get things done as soon as possible.

Please keep an eye on this thread for updates or you will also get updates notification right in your Dashboard if you are using WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Panos

Hello Erum ,

Grid layout is better in situations with no hierarchical structure of terms in the site's category, meaning that it's not the ideal solution when you have child categories.

Is such cases it is better to select your child categories along with the parent category per site.

However, I have tow options you can choose from :slight_smile:

In both I include file wp-content/plugins/site-categories/site-categories.php (again :slight_smile: ) to replace. It already contains previous fix from your other thread regarding the images :slight_smile:

You can download and unzip the attached directory. It contains two sub-folders method1 and method2

1. method1
    You simply need to replace file wp-content/plugins/site-categories/site-categories.php with the one in the method1 subfolder.

This will treat sub categories as parent categories and you will be able to see them in your grid as parent categories. Their parent categories won't be visible if they have no sites assigned to them directly.

2. method2
    First you need to replace file wp-content/plugins/site-categories/site-categories.php. It will show parent categories followed by their child categories as a sublist.

In case you have parent count enabled, it will show 0 even if it's child categories have sites. You can choose not to show count for parents. In case you need to show parent counts and want to add the child counts I have attached file: wp-content/plugins/site-categories/lib/display_templates/display_grid_categories.php to replace.

I hope you find this helpful!

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.