1 - Group selection / 2 - Images duplication

Hello,

I installed the plugin Multisite Content Copier on our customer website. There are 22 sites, each site is one country.

I have two questions for you:

1) We setted one domain per site (no subfolder, no subdomain).
When I go to the "site groups", I cannot add sites to a group, the list seems 'empty' or just like the 'site root'. Please see the screen shot.

2) We have post types using the repeater fields from the great plugin Advanced Custom fields. Sometimes, there are 15 images in one post. When we duplicate, all the "text" content is duplicated, and images also but some of them are missing... so we cannot use the plugin. How to fix this?

Thank you in advance,

Cyril

• Rupok

Hi Cyril, hope you had a wonderful day.

Please confirm if you want us to remove your screenshots from the description. We can remove those for you.

I'm afraid, I'm not totally clear about your setup. You said "We setted one domain per site (no subfolder, no subdomain)", can you please explain a bit more about your setup so we can understand better? If I'm clear about this, I believe I'll be able to sort out the group thing.

When we duplicate, all the "text" content is duplicated, and images also but some of them are missing

Can you try duplicating again and check if the same images are missing again? Can you repeat this issue every time? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Dugast Benoit

Dear Rupok,

Thank you for you answer. I enabled the support access. But please carefully note that it's a production site (live).

Yes you can remove my attachment (the first one) after noticing the problem :slight_smile:

About your questions:

- I just meant we use domains: domain.fr, domain.co.uk etc. I confirm the group page is working owever the path doesn't give enought information to know which site we add to the group (again, check the screenshot).

- About the images : yes, it's all the time the sames images. But I can confirm the custom field is exactly the same everywhere. And duplicating was working in a "WPML plugin configuration" (but we changed to multisite). So it's not about the custom fields. Also, I can confirm that the images are duplicated as I can find them in the media library (for all my sites), but some fields are empty, please check the screenshots (2 screenshots : the problem and how it should be).

• Dugast Benoit

Oh I published without finishing.

One last question :
    - When I duplicate a post type, using your plugin, I need the categories (terms) to match the terms from the other blogs, which is impossible as each blogs is considered as a unique wordpress installation (no mapping between translated terms as in WPML plugin). My question is, do you store this information in the database when you duplicate a post? kind of mapping between terms in each blogs? so when you duplicate again a post type, it will fit to the right categories (and not duplicate them again)? Maybe in this table 'sh_mcc_synced_posts_relationships'? How is it working?

If yes, I would use it to map all my terms before duplicating.

Hope my explainations are clear, not easy to explain.

• Rupok

Hi Cyril, hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm sorry for the delay from our end.

Regarding your groups issue, I could not regenerate that on my test site. My group page is showing subsite paths fine. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

So I believe, this is your site specific issue.

Regarding your image issue, I'll again need to test this as your setup is complex and trying to make the same scenario on my test site may not match. So I've to do the full testing on your site.

Now, I can tell you better if I can do some extensive test which is very risky for a live site. If you could create a staging site for us with a clone of your current instance, it would be great because we could do full test on that, find the reason behind the issue, and try to resolve it as soon as possible.

Can you please clone your full instance and give us access to that site so we can work on that? I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.