1: Only want to show Experts 2: Advanced search: Want

1: Only want to show Experts
2: Advanced search: Want to search for experts based on skill. So if a roofer needed a good shingle layer, he can search for one.
3: Want to have list of skills prepopulated to be able to check a box and add years of experience.

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, dorian!

1: Only want to show Experts

Sure thing! Instead of using the default Jobs and Experts pages, we're going to create a custom page, and use the included Shortcodes to customize what you want. In this case, you'd probably want something like this:

Buttons:
    Become an expert button:
    [jbp-expert-post-btn text="Become an expert" view="both"]

Browse experts button:

[jbp-expert-browse-btn text="Browse experts" view="both"]

My expert profile button:

[jbp-expert-profile-btn text="My Expert Profile" view="loggedin"]

*Note - each of these buttons may also be given a "url" parameter, which you can use if you're creating custom pages. Just add the URL param like so:
    [jbp-expert-post-btn text="Become an expert" view="both" url="http://yoursite.com/blahblah]

Pages
    Expert Archive page
    [jbp-expert-archive-page post_per_page="10"]

Add Expert page
    [jbp-expert-update-page]

Single Expert page
    [jbp-expert-single-page id="1"]

*id number should match expert id you want to show on this page.

Contact Expert page:
    [jbp-expert-contact-page]

You can use these parameters:
    id: ID of the expert you want to send contact to.
    success_text : The text to display after user submission successfully.
    error_text : The text to display when error happen after user submission.

2: Advanced search: Want to search for experts based on skill. So if a roofer needed a good shingle layer, he can search for one.

This will require an advanced search plugin that works with custom post types. I like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-post-search/

3: Want to have list of skills prepopulated to be able to check a box and add years of experience.

That's not currently a feature, but I'm happy to mark it as a feature request!

Thanks for your questions here, dorian!