ProSites payment options

Hi.

1- will ProSites "PayPal Express" work with PayPal "Website Payments Standard" ?
2- if not, is there any possible way to offer ProSites via "MarketPress" to use 2checkout or one of its other gateways ?

- the point being to use a gateway that supports international users (outside the US). I currently do not have access to PayPal Pro from the Caribbean and would like the option of accepting credit cards and not paypal ONLY with "Express". at least this was my interpretation until i read ;

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?70-whats-the-difference-between-paypal-standard-express-and-pro

which says "With Express Checkout, the customer can pay without having a PayPal account (as long as you have "PayPal Account Optional" enabled inside your PayPal merchant account settings"
and i can't find that anywhere after searching the sun, moon and stars.
- can anyone shed any light on this ?

i have read on the forums that further gateways are planed,
i know you don't like to announce release dates,
but at least is there a reasonably realistic estimated time for such a release yet ?
as well as any finalised gateways ?

ok now for the really stupid question,
with manual payments- there is no simple way to automatically register the ProSites level in WordPress unless custom coded ? ie. using nice and simple services such as selz.com etc. and have everything approved and setup after payment is approved.

i do apologise for the million and one questions but i am exploring all possible options to determine what suits me best.

any kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards.

• Vaughan

Hi Randall,

I'm not sure on this, it used to be possible i'm sure with paypal express. But i just tried it on my own site with prosites & PP express, I was not given the option on the paypal checkout page to pay without an account.

The section you are wanting to find in your PP is in the seller prefences.

Then click website preferences. But this option is only available for buy now, donations and e-commerce purchases, it is not available for subscription based payments.

You would need to use stripe in this case, I will certainly add this to the requests though to see if we can get a solution for PP in the future.

Hope this helps

• amused

thanks Vaughan,
    your picture is a bit different to my settings which properly cements my thoughts that a lot of features are limited and different for my account.
    any thoughts on my other questions ?

"with manual payments- there is no simple way to automatically register the ProSites level in WordPress unless custom coded ? ie. using nice and simple services such as selz.com etc. and have everything approved and setup after payment is approved."

1- will ProSites "PayPal Express" work with PayPal "Website Payments Standard" ?
    2- if not, is there any possible way to offer ProSites via "MarketPress" to use 2checkout or one of its other gateways ?