14 days waiting time - really?

I just tried to batch smush 200+ images and this is the status I got:

The smushing elves are busy, You are 344th in the queue.
Estimated wait time: 14 days 8 hours

This leads to one question: Are you serious?

Please note that before upgrading to SmushPro, used the free version, which smushed the same images within minutes. Only reason I upgraded was to enable 1+ Mb files.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @ploughansen,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thanks for posting on the forum.

The wait time can depend on various things, such as:

- the sizes of the smush requests being processed
    - the amount of users submitting smush requests

We have a very large queue at moment, so images using bulk smush are taking some time. We're definitely working on improving the infrastructure for smush requests, as we'd hate for folks like you to be sad.

If you only have few images to smush, then it is far quicker to smush them individually by going to your media library page and clicking smush now next to each image in the library, these are smushed separately to the bulk smush queue.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Michael Bissett

Hey @ploughansen,

We've definitely been working hard over here, and today, we released the fruits of our labor in our latest update to WP Smush Pro. :slight_smile:

If you haven't seen the update yet, you'll want to go to:

WPMU DEV -> Updates

And click on the "Update Now" link at the bottom of the page (see first screenshot below).

Then, once you've done that, you'll want to go to:

Media -> WP Smush Pro

And if a Smush is already in progress, you'll now see a prompt like the one seen in the 2nd screenshot below.

Just go through the process of resetting the smush request, and once you've done that, you'll be all set to use the new, faster API. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.