2 (hopefully quick & easy) Beginner Questions

Hey WPMU!

I'm new to the community & am trying to get familiar with the support system & update notifications. I have a question about each:
Support: is there is a way to search for information based on the plugin? For example, I'd like to be able to go the Protected Content forum/threads & type in a search term that only searches that forum/thread. If anyone is familiar with iThemes forums, you know what I mean.
Updates: is there a link to all WPMU Dev updates? I don't mean blog updates, but changelogs for plugins, themes, etc.

Thanks in advance for getting me pointed in the right direction.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Marcus,

I hope you're well today and it's great to have you here as a member of our community!

I think you'll quickly find your way across our forums and support system. Just to help you a bit:

1). You can find support/information on a particular plugin or theme on our forums two ways:
    - by going to https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums and then switching to "themes" or "plugins" etc, and using the search (see support-forum.png)
    - by going to a product page of a particular plugin or theme; you'll find two links ("Ask a question" and "Threads") there. The first one lets you ask a question and assigns it to the particular product, the second one shows a list of topics already assigned to this product (see support-changelog-and-forums.png)

2) Changelogs and other information regarding plugins and themes are always on its dedicated page (again, see support-changelog-and-forums.png).

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask, I'll be glad to help.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Marcus

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply! The change log info makes perfect sense.

The support forum searches still don't seem to be quite as targeted as I'm looking for & maybe I just need to adjust my searching habits. I understand the ability to scroll through past support requests within a particular thread, but what I was hoping for was an option like "search this forum/thread" & then whatever I type in the search field only applies to that particular plugin/theme/etc.

I'm sure I'm not explaining this the best way, but I'll try to give an example...

I go to the Membership Pro forum & I can see all the past support threads for that particular plugin, which is great. Then, I have a search bar where I can type in a new search parameter if I don't see the topic I'm looking for, also great. When I type in a new search term, it searches All forums & is not limiting my search to just the Membership Pro forum. I just wanted to see if there was a built-in mechanism for limiting the search parameters by forum, rather than always typing the plugin/theme name in the search box & hoping the terms match up correctly.

Wow, that was long-winded! I hope it makes sense.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Marcus,

I hope you're having a great day today!

I can see better now what you're talking about, so thank you for the clarification on this. That said, I think it sounds like a great feature idea and there's a good chance that some other members of our community would willingly support it. That said, you may want to start a new thread on our "Features and Feedback" forum regarding search engine update.

I'd like to add a bit to my previous post also.

A great way to follow updates is to use our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/update-notifications-plugin-information/.

Other handy links for you from here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.