2 problems with Fundraising plugin

Hi :slight_smile:

I have two problems with the plugin. When we go on the page: http: //domain-name/fundraisers/ (fundraiser archives) there is no summary. The posts are displayed completely, which is not at all aesthetic. In fact, I have to use a plugin to create a excerpt which is not very professional.

In the same part there is also a problem of date. The date displays M / D / Y. For Europe must be D / M / Y.

I think this plugin has a very good potential, but unfortunately it lacks basic functions like: categories, submission form in fronted (I added one) and a better design. It's just a few suggestions.

thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Emmanuel

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Matt Lechien

Hope you're having a great day!

Thing is that Fundraiser plugin uses your theme archive template for fundraisers page. So, all things like date, summary, etc are handled by your theme. You can notice this if you'll try to switch the theme. Ex., one of the default WordPress themes Twenty Sixteen doesn't have dates on the archive page at all.

If you're familiar with a coding, you can try to customize the page accordingly to your needs. To do this, you need to make a copy of the archive.php file in your theme folder, call it archive-funder.php and make all needed changes. Just as a note, it's not recommended to make any changes in the original theme, it's always better to create a child theme and do all customizations there:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

Also, as for the date format, I would recommend you to try to change it in WordPress setting, most of the themes and plugins can recognize that settings. To do this go to the Settings -> General and try to change the Date Format

Don't forget to save settings.

However, I think that your suggestions about frontend submission, categories and design are very interesting and useful. Let me know if you'd like me to move this thread to Features & Feedbacks section so other users can vote on your idea and if it gets some more love from other members our developers can consider develop something like this in future.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.