2 questions of the membership plug-in

Hello,
I've two questions of the membership plug-in:
1st: we need to use a Double-Opt-In for our free members. How can we do this?
2nd: after registration and Double-Opt-In we want to put the information in a mailinglist to send the members eMauli-Newsletter with the e-Newsletter plug-in. How can we do this?
Best regards
Achim

• Tyler Postle

Hey achimschmidt,

Hope you're doing well today!

For double opt in, you are just wanting it to send a verification email right? To do this you need to customize the core files as Hoang explains here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-needs-to-send-activation-email-for-free-members#post-679599

2nd: after registration and Double-Opt-In we want to put the information in a mailinglist to send the members eMauli-Newsletter with the e-Newsletter plug-in. How can we do this?

So you have a newsletter already setup to send them once they complete double opt in? Or you want to use information from their sign up to send them? That would take some customization to achieve. eNewsletter doesn't auto send newsletters, you need to create them then manually send them and you can select which membership level you want to send them too :slight_smile:

If you want to create more of a sales funnel or automated emails for subscribed members then you may want to use Protected Content and the mailchimp integration instead. Protected Content is very similar to Membership, so you should be able to have the same setup you have now.

Protected Content's mailchimp integration allows you to place non-membership users into their own mailing list and then paid members into their own as well. This way you can setup all the emails to send with Mailchimp and once the users signs up they will be good to go :slight_smile:

Protected Content also includes some awesome shortcodes such as the registration form, so you can place the registration form anywhere you like.

Let us know what you think here here Achim! More than happy to help you find the best solution here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• achimschmidt

Hi Tyler,
    thank you for this very fast information. I found the code in the file "/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php", but I'm not shure, where I put the code "membership_subscription_form_registration_process" in. In the same file? Where in the file? Sorry, I'm not a coder.

The 2nd issue is cleared: New members comes automated in the e-Nesletter Plugin.

Best regards
    Achim

• Tyler Postle

Hey achimschmidt,

Hope you're doing well today! My apologies, when checking Hoang's post I didn't realize there still needs to be some logic added in there :slight_smile:

That process will go in your themes functions.php file; however, we will need to add some logic in first. I will call @Hoang Ngo in to see if he would be able to provide a bit further guidance on this. If it's a big customization, then it might be better to post it on our jobs board: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Let's see what Hoang has to say first :slight_smile: keep in mind SLS staff(coding experts) deal with more complex threads so it can sometimes take a little longer for a reply.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @achimschmidt,

I hope you are well today.

The code membership_subscription_form_registration_process

add_action('membership_subscription_form_registration_process','add_verify_to_user',10,2);
    function add_verify_to_user($error,$user_id){
    if($user_id > 0){
    //logic here
    }
    }

Is a hook, so you can add those code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins, or you can create your own plugin and add the code there, all will work :slight_smile:

For the logic, I will need to know which plugin you are using for sending verification emails, so I can give you some note for the integration.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.