2 questions regarding our final setup of Membership 1.

Hi

2 questions regarding our final setup of Membership

1. Database - we are going to using WPMU email plugin for our mailshots, so whilst understand that all registered users (ie. inc. the paid Membership users) will be on our WP database ........

a. are / can the Membership users be tagged in any way so that we can create group lists and thus send more targeted mails?

b. if so, is the tagging only as current members, or can it identify different types of member (we only have 3)

c. On that note, if a member does not renew their sub, are they automatically removed from Membership database or is there a way of us tagging grouping these for targeted emails - eg. coupons etc.

2. Payment gateway

We have a merchant account with Wirecard who also have a gateway system "QMORE" & it would make sense for us to keep this all in one place.

I have read other threads about copying one of the other gateways to then customise for a different one, but I see that the different gateways have very different structures;

So questions are;

a. Recommendation of which gateway to copy and customize.
b. Any tips (eg - anyone already done this) as it is clearly not a simple task. I have all integration docs, but at over 100 pages "can't see the wood for the trees" quite yet.

Cheers,
Paul

• Patrick

Hi @prize_days___paul

a. are / can the Membership users be tagged in any way so that we can create group lists and thus send more targeted mails?

With our e-Newsletter plugin, you can create newsletter groups to which your users can subscribe, or you can assign them manually to specific groups.

c. On that note, if a member does not renew their sub, are they automatically removed from Membership database or is there a way of us tagging grouping these for targeted emails - eg. coupons etc.

No, Membership does not remove users from your database (that would not be good!). However, users are "tagged" in a way. If you look in your db at the wp_m_membership_relationships table, you will find quite a bit of useful data.

2. Payment gateway a & b

I am not an expert coder by anyone's standards, and I'm not at all familiar with that gateway :slight_smile:

So I wouldn't be able to make any sort of recommendation on that front. I will however see if I can find another member of the support staff who may have some experience with that gateway.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.