2 Questions with Invite Plugin

2 quick questions:

1. Right now the plugin tag pulls the SITE_URL, however it reverts back to the main site address, not the sub-domain that the sub-site is running on.

2. I see that there is a plugin tag for USERNAME. Is there a way to pull a display name. It would make more sense to use the persons name versus user name since most people don’t always make their user names recognizable.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jasonverdelli,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

1. Right now the plugin tag pulls the SITE_URL, however it reverts back to the main site address, not the sub-domain that the sub-site is running on.

Agreed and I think this was by design. When I checked out the description Allow your users to invite – via email – their friends and colleagues to check out their blog and sign up at your site!

2. I see that there is a plugin tag for USERNAME. Is there a way to pull a display name. It would make more sense to use the persons name versus user name since most people don’t always make their user names recognizable.

Not that I can find and it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available – but we would love to put it into consideration for future development.

I’ll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice and see if we can help you hack it in for the moment.

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jasonverdelli,

Thank you for being a WPMU member!

Also thank you for that snippet of code and figuring this customization out, it is truly appreciated.

Rep points sent your way and I am going to mark this ticket as resolved.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.