2 Types of Membership subscriptions , must send 2 different emails for the 2 memberships

We are offering 2 different types of memberships - each using different unique features. We need to send out different emails as the users have paid for their subscriptions (including specific instructions, links, etc.)

Has anyone solved this issue and might you be able to provide the code they used?

Thank you!

• DavidM

Hi jeffpurnell,

In cases where the Communications in Membership might not be enough, Membership provides the ability to communicate with other web services, including ones you might setup yourself, using Remote Pings (Membership > Remote Pings).

While they're designed to be used by developers, who would be familiar with everything needed to communicate with those services (how the Pings need to be configured), they can communicate with almost any service and are relatively simple to setup.

There's also an example I've posted a ways back on this, along with some discussion surrounding the topic, in the following thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pings-on-membership

The snippet posted there would provide a way to send an email out, and you could potentially setup 2 such scripts that would send different emails, depending on the Access Level or Subscription, both of which have Ping capabilities.

It is an advanced feature, so it might be something you'll want to seek a developer's assistance with in setting up.

-David

• Timothy Bowers

Hey jeffpurnell, I hope you are well! :slight_smile:

We haven't heard form you on this in a couple of weeks. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.