20 appointments per day in total, but different appointment start and finish times

Hi Guys,

Our client has a service which allows him to look after 20 dogs per day.

However they need the ability for their members to pick what time they will be dropping the dogs off at... So for example Dog 1 might be dropped off at 8am (meaning the total available resource for that day is now 19, but Dogs 2 and 3 might be dropped off at 9:30am (meaning the total available resource for the day is now 17).

They would also like the ability to select a 'collection time' for the dogs too. Can the calendar be made to work so that the user can select the drop off and collection times?

Is this achievable at all?

James

• Michael Bissett

Hey @James, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I would think it possible with some custom development, that would require a developer to be hired though. You'd be more than welcome to post a job for this on our Jobs Board:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

One alternative that may work for you though would be this plugin, they do have a live preview that you can check out:

http://codecanyon.net/item/booking-system-pro-wordpress-plugin/2675936

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @James, my apologies for the delay here!

We have the developers able to do this here in the studio, however we are concerned that anything we do might affect the core. Then when any updates are released our work would be broken?

At the moment, core code changes would be required, at least for some of this. Now, a developer would be better able to speak on what's required, but I do know that one of the functions that would require altering would be the _create_appointments_table function, found in line 98 of:

/appointments/includes/class_app_shortcodes.php

As for the capacity side of things (since you mentioned having a daily capacity for dogs that can be watched), inside of Appointments+, capacity is the number of customers that can take the service at the same time. (i.e. in the same timeslot).

This can be adjusted (sort of), as laid out in the FAQ entry quoted below:

I want to accept more than one appointment applications for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?

Please note that Appointments+ is designed for one-to-one appointments, that is, one service provider serving a single client at a time and to manage available workforce. Capacity field is for limiting the workforce, not for increasing it. You have two alternatives to achieve this:

a) Use dummy service providers

b) Add these codes in functions.php and modify as required:

function increase_capacity( $capacity, $service_id, $worker_id ) {
        return 10;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_get_capacity', 'increase_capacity', 10, 3 );

This filter will NOT work if there is a single provider giving the selected service. Please also note that this is a kind of "hack" and when you have more than one service provider, this function may not work as expected in regards to working hours, as "virtual" providers will not be bound to working hours of existing providers.

Not to say that it's impossible to change the functionality to what you're looking for, but the present functionality would be something to take into account.

For what it's worth, hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.