2011 theme css

Where do i change the grey border around images and where do it stop the background highlight. Tell me what i don't see! Hey i can't upload a screen shot here???

• Mark Wallace

Ok this one was solved by editing bothe border: 1px and border color: at the same time. One at a time it did not work.

Next question
    The "RECENT COMMENTS" I even tried deleting the intire file from /*Recent Post */ all the way dow to the } Just above /* =Attachments. This has no effect. I am looking for a place where the RECENT POST is all caps; because they are all caps in the actual page. 5 points for the first answer that works and i want the white box gone too!!! OR NO 5 Points. Thank You!

• Timothy Bowers

If you really wanna do this in CSS then try:

recent-posts {
     display: none;
    }

And the white space:

.article.intro {
    	margin: -30px -72px 0;
    }

The fix here isn't ideal, you could spend more time looking for what added those margins rather than adding them and then taking them away.

Would be better using a child theme though and removing the code making that. Because if other areas of your site need the class .recent-posts then it will affect them also.

Take care.

• Mark Wallace

Good morning Sir Timothy!
    ****If you really wanna do this in CSS then try:****
    Is there a better way?

****The fix here isn't ideal, you could spend more time looking for what added those margins rather than adding them and then taking them away.****
    They just was there, when i changed the content and footer background color.

****Would be better using a child theme though and removing the code making that. Because if other areas of your site need the class .recent-posts then it will affect them also.****
    For some reason the child themes was not showing up in my dashboard. So i just created different 2011 themes for each section of the multisite. 2011 classifeds, 2011 MTB1701 . com, 2011 MTB1701 . org, etc..; then i created 2011 test so i can go line by line making changes, changing back before making next change. Then once i have all the css for each section of the site, i will figure out the child theme problem. I have found some custom sliders, so i am going t figure out how to make the 2011 theme do everything i want for WP. Once i learn it, then it will be second nature to me.

I eventually want to learn how to write plugins so may as well start with themes. I will try your suggestion up above and give you feedback aand your points. Thanks Tim

• Timothy Bowers

Well its because the padding or margin is there, so it would seem the CSS is made to do that and then we make more CSS to change it again.

I've not spent loads of time assess whats done in the code so I can't be sure on everything going on there.

For some reason the child themes was not showing up in my dashboard. So i just created different 2011 themes for each section of the multisite.

So these are already child themes? Or replica Twenty Eleven ones?

If they are child thats great, this is fine (I must have missed the child part lol). I just thought you were editing the main theme so was saying its better to edit the item creating the spacing but if its the parent theme doing that then a child theme is the way.

I think I'm talking in circles there, lol. Hope you get what I mean.

Let me know how you go.

Take care.

• Mark Wallace

Hi Tim!
    Sorry i've had a problem with a client playing around with their public_html. lol nothing i havent done myself before. lol So i took it as an opertunity for the hostcompany to teach me a lesson about databases. lol Poor guy; i had him on a 3 hour support chat. lol

I will be trying your seggewstions in a few hours. I needs a nap

Regaurding your question:
    ****So these are already child themes? Or replica Twenty Eleven ones?****
    I created child themes but they did not show up in the WP dashboard. So i created the file in file manager, then copied all of 2011 theme into each file. The did the same for a test file. I amke changes for each theme i want in the test file, then move it to the 2011 theme i created. Once all themes are done i will figure out why the child themes are not showing up. Examplr:
    Twentyeleven theme
    2011 classifieds
    2011 gold-pages
    2011 home
    Etc....

Shouls i have made a child theme folder and place all of the 2011 in it? Example:
    Twentyeleven theme
    Child theme <<<Folder
    2011 classifieds <<<< Then place all these in that folder?
    2011 gold-pages
    2011 home
    Etc....
    I am rwally tired so if you need screen shots to understand what i am babeling i' can provise them in a few hours. I am not going near my c-panel without rest. ROFL
    Thanks Tim!

• Mark Wallace

@Timothy
    Your suggestions worked out well. The content section is a little off from the header and footer, but I had expanded the theme out 980 pixels earlier. For most of my themes I prefer the same color for background and backgrounds of content, header, footer and widgets to be the same. Probably because I don’t like more than 3 colors on anything. lol Already sent you the 5 points. I’m about to figure out this RSS, tags, feed, thingamajiger Mason and KimbelryL have set up. Have a good day! Oh I almost forgot; “SJBowers” only do hosting or do you do web dev too? Thanks Again!

• Timothy Bowers

@Timothy
    Your suggestions worked out well.

Did you doubt me?

lol

Oh I almost forgot; “SJBowers” only do hosting or do you do web dev too? Thanks Again!

You been stalking me? Its been a while since I was last stalked. :wink: lol

I don't recall talking about my business before, or was it a really old thread somewhere before I became staff here?

We do take on development work, I have a another chap who works with me on projects I get in.

I created child themes but they did not show up in the WP dashboard.

Sounds like they might not have been setup completely.

Take a quick read through this one:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

That should help guide you. If you need further guidance then please let me know.

Take care.

• Mark Wallace

Did you doubt me?

Nope!

You been stalking me? Its been a while since I was last stalked. :wink: lol

I don't recall talking about my business before, or was it a really old thread somewhere before I became staff here?

We do take on development work, I have a another chap who works with me on projects I get in.

***I have checked out most of the staffs profiles. I've bought domains from one. I am taking my primary website global in 2013. So i see goob India PC has webdev and hosting, GinaB, has Arabic translation, SJBower's You and your Chap has hosting and web design, member aristath does web design in Greece, i am currently having web pages translated into Mandarin in SE Asia, the man who was having MP problems in Taiwan I am networking with him in NE Asia. Would rather have accurate translations in each country and use ML just to help me wing through it. By paying people to develop the websites i can then pay for their services for updates. The website is just a small part of my goals. I never planned on getting bogged down with building websites, but I see it may have opened a lot of doors for me.

So "stalking" NO! Evaluating possible resources for future plans? YES! I still need Russia W Euro, E Euro, Africa, S. America, and Canada. Between WPMU Dev and FaceBook, i will connect the dots!

But no I am not stalking you yet! hehehe You will know when I do; you will start seeing men & woman in black and blue clothing watching you. J/K << maybe J/K lol
    Just say "Hail to the King of the Colonies". <<<ROFL

I’ve tried that tutorial you sent me a link too. I’ve included a S/S of all the folders I have of Google 2011 child theme tutorials. Believe me I look for an answer before I post it, unless it has something to do with a database, I have 19 domains on one c-panel. 3 months ago I decided to delete some old subdomains and ended up losing 4 websites. lol Ok Pal this is turning into a novel. I’ll talk at you later. Thanks Again!

• Timothy Bowers

I've done that a couple of times a fair while ago, accidentally deleted something I needed. Luckily I keep backups so it didn't take me long to get it back. :slight_smile:

For a child theme the structure:

wp-content
    + themes
    ++ Parent_theme
    ++ Child-theme1
    ++ Child-theme2

Notice they are all on the same level. Each theme then has 1 basic CSS file to start with:

wp-content
    + themes
    ++ Parent_theme
    +++ style.css
    ++ Child-theme1
    +++ style.css
    ++ Child-theme2
    +++ style.css

As you see they sit within the child themes

/*
    Theme Name:     Twenty Eleven Child
    Theme URI:      http://example.com/
    Description:    Child theme for the Twenty Eleven theme
    Author:         Your name here
    Author URI:     http://example.com/about/
    Template:       twentyeleven
    Version:        0.1.0
    */

The most important thing there is is:

Template:       twentyeleven

Its that which is basically saying, hey this is my parent and thats where I take first orders from.

The rest is important as well but its that part which is telling WP which is the parent.

Then you can include your custom CSS and files which overwrite the parent.

Hope this makes more sense for you? :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.