2CheckOut Gateway with date errors

I have just upgraded the Membership Premium plugin and I am using the Business Portfolio child theme with the BuddyPress plugin and the 2CheckOut gateway.

Previous versions of the Membership Plugin did not update the expires dates of recurring subscriptions and cancelled members remained active.

The new membership plugin, under ‘Payment Gateways’ has a link to view transactions.

Mine now has a partial list of my members all dated 26-03-xxxx (todays date) but the years are incorrect. Some say 2012 while others have random years like 9505 and 8047 and 6033 and others. There are no members listed under pending or future transactions even though all of my members are on recurring billing.

Can this be fixed to accurately show all of my members and when their subscriptions expire? I am hoping it will also automatically deactivate members who have cancelled.

Thanks. JoAnn

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JoAnn,

Wow this anomaly sounds extremely serious and imperative to get addressed.

Years like 9505 and 8047 and 6033 sound totally bizarre and of course we know are inaccurate to say the least.

I am pretty sure that our lead developer of Membership plugin will be interested in knowing why this is and seeking out the answer and repair whatever the reason may be.

Therefore I am going to ask his assistance right away to investigate what is going on here and please be ready to possibly give him login information to both your dashboard and possibly your hosting control panel and/or FTP if he needs it.

Cheers, Joe

• JoAnn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

The only gateway I use is 2Checkout.

I will be happy to supply login info to help get this error addressed.

I love the Membership plugin and I have been using is for over a year. I really do not want to spend the excessive amount of time to change to something else.

But, my support website is growing and I need these issues to be addressed, so anything that I can do to help that process is fine with me.

Thanks so much for your response.

JoAnn

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya JoAnn,

So that you’re aware, we have assigned a new developer to assist Barry with the membership gateways. His name is Cole and he’s the one who’s done the amazing Fundraiser plugin. He’s wrapping a massive update to that plugin over the next day and then will be giving a proper run through of all things gateway and *cough* coupon codes *cough* related.

This will free Barry up to continue on main membership issues, but also make sure important details like this are not overlooked. You’ve been more than patient. We’re getting there now.

Thanks!

• JoAnn

Thanks so much for the update Mason. I can only imagine the massive amount of work that each of these plugins entail.

I really do appreciate all the work that each and every one of you do to bring us these great programs.

I’m looking forward to the updates.

JoAnn

• JoAnn

Hi Joe,

The dates listed under the gateway settings appear to be correct, so it looks as if that is corrected.

BUT, the dates under Membership>All users do not update at all. I just cancelled a membership and it still remains active. And, the dates for the recurring sales do not update, all it shows is their original sign up date.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks,

JoAnn

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JoAnn,

Thank you for the feedback and the encouraging news.

Now that the gateway has been squared away it is time to get Barry’s expertise on the subject.

However, it is my opinion that new member’s dates may be alright but the current members dates were already contaminated by the old dates and may need to be manually adjusted within the database itself.

But this should be in fact confirmed by Barry before I declare it so and stick foot in mouth or trying to manually update all the current accounts.

I shall ping Barry in here for his valuable insight to this matter.

Sincerely, Joe

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya JoAnn,

New release out today (if you have a version installed that had an RC2 in the version number please remove it and grab a fresh download). Some major revisions to the gateways to provide for consistent behavior here. Thanks for your willingness to help us get this sorted. You’ve been more than generous. Let us know how this works for ya.

Thanks again.

• JoAnn

Hi Mason,

Cole has been working on my site for over a week now, and it just seems to be going from bad to worse.

He has been working overtime trying to get it to work. He has been debugging, and says I essentially have the new release with all the things he has done.

The dates in the 2Checkout gateway transactions are coming through okay, but they are not updating in the Membership > All members list.

Today I had a new member register and she does not show up anywhere and I just got an e-mail from a woman who signed up and paid and now cannot sign in. I have written back to her for more details, but I cannot find her anywhere in either the membership area or 2Checkout, but I do see her listed in the Network Admin dashboard under all users.

At this point I have no idea how many members I really have and no way to verify it. Cancellations must be manually entered, so if I forget one then they remain active and look like they are still on the recurring billing at 2Checkout. I have a master list printed out, but it is a nightmare to keep up with as my recurring billings occur daily. I think I have around 85 members, so this is way too much work.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JoAnn

• JoAnn

Hey Joe,

Thanks for checking up on this issue.

Cole and Barry have been working overtime for the past few weeks on this. As per Cole they have made a lot of headway and have almost got it conquered. It’s been a long and difficult journey, but hopefully there is light at the end of this tunnel.

Will keep you updated.

JoAnn

• JoAnn

Hey Joe,

Thanks for checking back in. Unfortunately the errors have not been corrected with version 3.0.1. Cole has been working on it for over a month, and I think he is close to fixing all the issues.

I will post here, as I am certain he will do also, when it is all working correctly.

Cheers,

JoAnn

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.