2co recurring not working - serial is active

For some reason, the last month none of my 76 new members that have signed up and paid through 2checkout have been put on recurred billing.

The subscription plan is set to "serial" for 30 days.

Please give me all options to check, or have a look from backend. Thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @sebastian

I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread for his valuable opinion on this issue. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Would you send me login details and ftp details?

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @sebastian,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

I've just been checking this and have found that in your setup you are assigning a default subscription, this default subscription is made up of a finite level for 7 days at 0.00 and then a paid level at 89.99

There are a couple of issues with this. With how the plugin handles recurring transactions, the 2checkout gateway doesn't support trials (2checkout does support trials, but the plugin doesn't stacking them in that way is a workaround for having a trial with PayPal).

Then the next issue is that, if you have paid subscriptions, you should not set a default subscription, because membership only supports one membership per user and the default one will override the one picked by the member.

Also you'll need to make sure you have

http://yogahytta.com/index.php?paymentgateway=twocheckout&

Make sure you add this to your 2Checkout "Notifications" as well as "Approved URL". The domain must be the same as the one registered with your Live account for production sites. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• sebastian
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you for the answer!
    I have one question though:
    http://yogahytta.com/index.php?paymentgateway=twocheckout&amp
    is what you told me to enter, but the payment gateway 2checkout options tells me to enter
    withouth the 'amp'
    Does this have any significance?
    I have removed the default subscription and removed the finite->serial setup.
    I hope it helps :slight_smile:

• sebastian

I am still not getting my users on a recurring payment. Something must still be wrong. I removed the default membership, and made sure the notification url was correct. i get the payment, but it says recurring:no in 2checkour panel.
    Any ideas?

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @sebastian,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry

Can you please send the API call logs from here https://2checkout.com/sandbox/api/call_log to me via

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include the logs
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

That will give me more information for further debug.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• BGF
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@sebastian
    The short, and probably politically incorrect (hence you won't get it from the good folks at WPMU Staff), answer is to part ways with 2Checkout. Our experience with 2CheckOut has been a minefield of similar technical and other issues. Our last straw was when they (out of the blue, after several months of accepting MasterCard) stopped accepting MasterCard from our customers, without informing us. Customers were just greeted with "Invalid card" (yes, very descriptive).

Don't take my word for it. I wish somebody told me this before: Do a Google search for "2checkout sucks"

If you think it is worth the hassle, good luck my friend.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, sebastian!

Looking back over your thread here, there was a bit of an issue with an "amp" appearing at the end of a URL above (that's just forum wonkiness), you need to add this exact link to your 2CO notifications settings:

It ends with this character: &, just incase the forum adds another amp.

Two other things to try - go ahead and enable the order review and multipage checkout. That shouldn't affect anything, but let's just be sure.

After that, if it's still not working, we may need to do some conflict testing. Have you successfully used 2CO on other sites with recurring payments?

Thanks, sebastian!

• BGF
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Sebastian,

I wish I had a simple answer for you. The right service depends on your company's needs.

I am not qualified to provide a proper review of available service providers. After weeks of research we eventually settled on PayPal. However, again, that decision was based on our specific needs.

Nonetheless, I would recommend doing in-depth research that includes actual customer reviews. Avoid relying on feature 'promises.'

Feature promises led us to choose 2Checkout. Then only after investing in custom development we realized:
    - Sandbox options are limited
    - You can not select the number of rebill attempts after failure
    - You can not update or upgrade subscriptions
    - Their staff can unanimously change what business type you have and restrict payment methods as they feel, without notifying you
    - Support for their own API may be limited to "Find a developer with better experience. We can't help you with that"

The list is longer than the value of the time to type it.

The bottom line is, it is a case-by-case choice. Our choice was PayPal. Yours may be another provider. Good luck!

Kind regards

• sebastian

I have a follow up question:
    If i cannot set a default membership because it overrides the paid plan, how can i get a menu item to show for someone who is logged in but not a paying member yet? I feel like i am in a catch 22 right now..
    Thanks

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @sebastian,

I hope you are well today.

Here is a simple code, which will display users without any subscription. Please add this code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins

add_action('admin_menu', 'non_membership_menu', 9999);

function non_membership_menu()
    {
        add_submenu_page('membership', __("No subscription users"), __("No subscription users"), 'manage_options', 'no_subscription_users', 'no_subscription_users');
    }

function no_subscription_users()
    {
        global $wpdb;
        $users = $wpdb->get_results(
            "SELECT * FROM " . $wpdb->users . " WHERE ID NOT IN (SELECT user_id FROM " . MEMBERSHIP_TABLE_RELATIONS . ")"
        );
        ?>
        <table class="widefat fixed">
            <thead>
            <tr>
                <th>Username</th>
                <th>Name</th>
                <th>Email</th>
            </tr>
            </thead>
            <tbody>
            <?php if (count($users)): ?>
                <?php foreach ($users as $user): ?>
                    <tr>
                        <td><?php echo $user->user_login ?></td>
                        <td><?php echo $user->display_name ?></td>
                        <td><?php echo $user->user_email ?></td>
                    </tr>
                <?php endforeach; ?>
            <?php else: ?>
                <tr>
                    <td colspan="3">No data available</td>
                </tr>
            <?php endif; ?>
            </tbody>
        </table>
    <?php
    }

Please give it a try and let us update :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• sebastian

And what is supposed to happen then?
    My problem is that when i must not add a default subscription, how then will i get a registered and nonpaying user to AUTOMATICALLY see certain menu items? please respond thoroughly.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @sebastian,

I'm sorry for the misunderstood for previous message.

So for your issue, here is the step by step:
    1. Please add this code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins

function is_non_paying_user()
    {
        $member = Membership_Plugin::current_member();
        return !$member->is_member();
    }

This function will return true for non-paying user, and false for who already a member.
    2. Because the membership need a level for set the rules, however, in this case the non-paying user don't have any level, so we will need a 3rd plugin for processing menu visibility. Please install this
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/
    3. After you done the install, please go to your menu, and each menu item, you will see a small text box called Visibility(check my screenshot). Here is where we set the logic for a menu item display or not. If you want this menu item display for non-paying user and hide from members, add this is_non_paying_user();.
    If you want the menu item display for members, and hide from non-paying users, add this !is_non_paying_user();
    If you want to display for both, just leave it empty.

Sorry again for the confusion, If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.