3 Questions about the WPMU Directory Plugin: 1. Are there

3 Questions about the WPMU Directory Plugin:

1. Are there any known conflicts with Wishlist Member? (client insists on this :disappointed:)

2. We need to give users the ability to create and later edit their own entries in the directory. Users will be controlled by Wishlist Member and the create/edit form will need to be protected by WLM as well.

3. We actually need 2 directories, one for members and one for a vendor list. Can this be accomplished with some kind of taxonomy within the WPMU Directory?

Thanks very much!

• aristath

Hello there @nathaningram, I hope you're well today!

I've never seen any of our members report an issue with the Wishlist Member plugin before...
    This can mean one of 2 things:
    1. It works and there are no issues
    2. Nobody uses Wishlist Member.

Unfortunately that's a premium plugin we don't have access to so I don't know exactly if and how what you need can be done with that plugin...
    If I may ask why do they insist on using that particular plugin?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• nathaningram

They have purchased the plugin and have another developer working on that part of the project. So it's important. I'm not as concerned about the WLM compatibility as I am about questions 2 and 3...

2. We need to give users the ability to create and later edit their own entries in the directory.

3. We actually need 2 directories, one for members and one for a vendor list. Can this be accomplished with some kind of taxonomy within the WPMU Directory?

• aristath

Hello again @nathaningram,

2. We need to give users the ability to create and later edit their own entries in the directory.

Yes, Directory allows you to do that.

We do have categories and tags on these listings, so yes, you can use them to do whatever you want.
    Another alternative would be to use ACF to add a new custom field to these listings so that your users can choose what type of listing it is.
    You will of course then have to do some custom-coding on your templates to build separate loops for each of these cases, but that shouldn't be hard to do. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.