3 settings issues on private messaging

HI there,

#1) If I click on new message on a page where I included the shortcode [pm_user] the user is not able to specify a title. As a result all messages are titled with "You have new message!" which is not very useful. How can I allow users to type in a title?

#2) Can I change the sender email from the email notification to the main website email / admin email. I do not want that the email of a certain user is visible when he or she does not allow it.

#3) The reply button is very small and it is not very clear that you reply by clicking on this button. How can I insert a text "reply" in the button? thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Alessandro Schneider,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

#1) If I click on new message on a page where I included the shortcode [pm_user] the user is not able to specify a title. As a result all messages are titled with "You have new message!" which is not very useful. How can I allow users to type in a title?

Make sure to add Subject attribute to shortcode, so it looks like this:
    [pm_user user_id="2" subject=""]

#2) Can I change the sender email from the email notification to the main website email / admin email. I do not want that the email of a certain user is visible when he or she does not allow it.

Unfortunately such option is not currently available but if you could open new thread in features & feedback section our developers could consider adding such feature.

#3) The reply button is very small and it is not very clear that you reply by clicking on this button. How can I insert a text "reply" in the button? thanks!

You can try adding this CSS code to change this:

.fa-reply:after {
    	content: "Reply";
    	margin-left: 5px;
    }

Below is the screenshot of how it should look after that.

If your theme doesn't have custom CSS field, then you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.