3.3 plugins - only network activate!

Hi there,

I'm completley stuck on this.
I have an MU site, which has one additional blog.

I recently upgraded to 3.3 but seem now to have lost the ability to install plugins on the individual blogs - even the main one. I only have the ability to install and network activate via the new network dashboard.

I'm really stuck - I hope this is a simple 'tick box' that I donlt know about and someone can help me out pretty quickly.

Any ideas???

Many thanks

• roobarb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Joe, you are a star!!!

OK - so thats done... Thanks so much for you help!

But I only have the option to activate - not to upload directly anymore. Is that right?
    So I have to upload in network and then activate on each individual blog?

Seems a bit of a backward step that one?!!!! Am I being dim or has WP actually removed this ability?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey roobarb.

But I only have the option to activate - not to upload directly anymore. Is that right?

The option to upload plugins and themes is done through the Network Admin area.

Admin --> Network Admin --> Plugins

So I have to upload in network and then activate on each individual blog?

You network activate if you want them on across the network. You activate on a per blog basis if you only want them on certain sites.

If you use something like Pro Sites, then dependant on the users subscription you could limit themes and plugins for sites dependant on their active plan.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites

Which version did you upgrade from?

Uploading plugins really is a network administrators task, using this in the Network Admin area seems logical to me.

Take care.

• roobarb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Timothy,

I'm having a bit of a stress getting used to this whole new 3.0 network way of working - sorry if I sound a bit grumpy with it all.

Thanks to both of you for your help, on this - just about to open another string as I'm stuck on something else now...

oohhh my head hurts!

:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.