3.5.1.5 breaks Visitor access to BuddyPress and MarketPress

I have a "visitor" access level, along with many other access levels. Currently there are _no_ rules for any access level.

After upgrading to 3.5.1.5 when I go to any Buddypress page or the products page of Marketpress eCommerce while logged out (as a visitor) I get a "PROTECTED CONTENT" screen.

Disabling the plugin fixed access.
Downgrading to 3.5.1.4 fixed access.

One of my test user accounts had the same behavior. While still on 3.5.1.5 I was able to fix the user by going to /subscriptions/ and choosing another subscription. Oddly enough, that user didn't have an entry in wp_m_membership_relationship. I just checked again now and it does. Not sure if that was re-added when I downgraded or when I chose the new subscription.

• Rahul Verma
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello,

I hope you are well today and Thanks for posting on the forums.

It seems that your "Stranger access level" is getting changed when you upgraded to new version. Can you please give me a screenshot of Membership > Options > General Tab after installing 3.5.1.5 version?

Please advice.

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

• Marco
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes - it was reset back to none. That was the first place I checked. I changed it back to "Visitor" but that did nothing. Issue persisted.

I'm not able to take a screen shot at this exact moment but will attempt to upgrade + post it again when I can.

• Rahul Verma
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello @Marco,

I just tested for this issue on test site but unfortunately cannot reproduce the error by upgrading plugin to upgrading to 3.5.1.5 .

If you're going to upgrade the plugin, Do you allow me to upgrade this to see what happening on your site? or Do you have any test server when i can do this upgrade?

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.