3rd Party Plugin Not Working - Pinterest Pin It Button Pro

Hi - Just a shot in the dark here as the plugin writer doesn't have an idea as to why it's not working. I have 2 Pinterest Plugins from the same person - Pinterest Button Pro and Article Rich Pins. It appears that the plugins themselves are working as they should, but I am not getting notice for updates for either of the plugins. I have them installed on 2 sites - myrainydaydesigns.com/news, and triciacurtis.com/blog. The triciacurtis.com Wordpress does get the updates and appears to be working normally, but the myrainydaydesigns site does not. The settings are the same, I did the same exact thing for both, and I don't have weird settings.

I have changed the themes, turned off all other plugins, Wordpress is up to date - I tried everything he requested, and contacted my web host to see if there was a problem there - they weren't at all helpful but said there wasn't any problem with the settings.

Just wondering if someone out there ran into this before and had an idea how to get the updates to show up? Even if I force request for updates, they still don't show.

Thanks for any help!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Tricia,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I will definitely help you to resolve these issue but i need some more information about it to troubleshoot it.

Are you not getting updates for only these two plugins or also for other plugins, themes and WordPress?

From where have you downloaded the plugins?

Is update really available?

Is it working in the past and stopped working recently?

Where have you hosted your site?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Tricia

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the help. Yes it is just these 2 plugins, by the same developer. All other plugins seem to function and notify of updates as they should.

The plugins were both purchased from this site: http://pinterestplugin.com

Yes, the developer notifies me of updates, and then has to send me the file to install the update, or I copy it from my other Wordpress site to update it, because it's not showing there is an update available, even though there is.

I don't know if the updates were showing in the past. I initially contacted him to ask why I am getting an error message on the licensing, even though I have a valid license number. He has verified this and doesn't know why the error message. He noticed that updates are not showing but doesn't know why.

My domains are hosted on Bluehost.

Thanks for the help!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Tricia,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I think the plugins that you have purchased are not hosted on the wordpress.org plugins repository therefore it's not getting any update notifications and it will only get it if the plugins author has handled it on his own hosted server.

You can ask question about it to the plugin author by submitting a support request from the following page.

https://pinterestplugin.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.